Prologue

~Evangeline~

Flames sweep across the blacken land, blood curling screams following along with it. This is my life almost every day, the screams of tortured souls piercing through my eardrums, and the hot coals under neath my bare feet burning in pain. I wince with each step I take but suck in a deep breath as I approach the castle where the king of this land live. He would never want to see me in such misery, since I am suppose to be the most powerful of the other demons that lurk here. I stop briefly to look at my back. They haven't grown yet. The beautiful, delicate wings that will help me fly. Fly, away from the coals that dare to incinerate my feet.

I push open the stone doors and enter, his gaze, watches me as I slowly step towards the throne in which he sat.

"Evangeline." He says in his deep, masculine voice that always made me shiver with fear.

"Hello, Lucifer." I muttered, my eyes scanning the floor. It was a black marble, the rarest material ever found in this world. He emerges from his throne and walks towards me, forcing me to look up at his pale skin and formal attire, consisting of a medieval king's outfit along with a tattered black cape. Lucifer touches my cheek with one of his glove fingers and smiles. However this smile wasn't cheerful. It was sinister and malicious, pretty much one of his normal smiles.

" Tis time isn't it?" Lucifer asked, the blackened pits he had for eyes, staring deep through

me as if he was reading my mind, and my soul.

I nod a yes as two demonic angels grabbed my arms and dragged me to a room I have never seen before. They chain me down to the floor with large bolder attached to the other end. I bit my lip to try and hide the pain I was experiencing from the chains.

"Evangeline, remember when I told you about the story of the Spawn?" Lucifer asked me, now wielding a sword in his hand.

I sighed, for I did remember the tale. The infamous Spawn that can kill angels in a heart beat and control the five elements of the Earth; Fire, Earth, Air, Water, and Time. I suddenly feel a sharp pain erupt on the left side of my back. I scream in pain, the sword digging more into my skin.

"Enough, Evangeline!" Lucifer bellows, as he works on making an incision on the right side of my back.

"Screaming is for the weak. The weak are those I torture right in front of your eyes everyday."

I stop and bit my lip again. My screams would just make him angrier. I never would want to do that. Blood trickles down into the floor as the portal to the Earth forms before my eye. I was near the edge. I could easily fall in. Without any warning, Lucifer violently turns me around and pulls me closer to him. He unchains me and tosses the chains aside before turning to look at me once more.

"What are you doing?" I whisper, the grip he had on my shoulders tightening as I spoke.

"Remember something, Evangeline." He said, ignoring the question I asked.

"When the clock strikes 12..."

With that I am shoved in, falling into darkness waiting for the light to take me away.

My name is Evangeline.

And now, I am a fallen angel.