Chapter 9: The Driving Stream

Who knew I could write this much? 5,600 words! CRAZY!!!!
——————————————————-

George decided not to mention anything about the fact that Dream had carried him. One, because he didn't want Dream to be punished again, and two, because he didn't want to have a one on one encounter with Dream.

While they were brainstorming the logistics of the driving stream, George stayed attached to Sapnap's hip. If Sapnap had to go to the kitchen, George would join him. If Sapnap had to go to the bathroom, George would go to his room to "find something". He noticed that Dream was catching on. The more times it occurred, George could see Dream's face drop and become less excited and less motivated.

Sapnap must have also caught on because at the very end of the night, after finishing up their streaming plans, they all decided to watch a movie.

"Here, you guys pick the movie. I'm going to make the popcorn."

"Oh, I'll help." George said, standing to walk towards Sapnap.

"No, I've got it. Here." Sapnap tossed the remote to George.

Sapnaaap. George whined in thought as he caught the remote. He gave a pleading look which Sapnap shrugged away.

George turned to Dream. He glanced up from his phone, eyes instantly finding George's. He looked George up and down, before reaching his eyes again and looking away. George saw nothing happen to, or in Dream. Dream did nothing. Dream didn't smile, his eyes didn't twinkle, there wasn't even a twitch. George had never seen or encountered this side of Dream in person before, but it was something he had imagined.

When Dream was disheartened after reading too many hateful comments, he would call George to talk through them or to have George distract him. George would look at his black screen and imagine Dream's sunken cheeks and the downwards drop in both corners of his lips. What George hated imagining the most, was his eyes. Within them the shining glare of hope was slowly being eaten away. His eyes slowly becoming a somber murk, no longer being their gorgeous, thriving green. And with his eyelashes damp, weighing down his eyelids begging to be closed.

There were two differences now. One was that Dream's eyelashes were not damp. The other was that George was making Dream feel this way. George was pushing him away and he hated himself for it, but he had to.

George leaned on his tiptoes before walking over towards Dream. He sat down next to him, enough for two other people to sit in between.

George's voice was meek and shaky, "Wa-what do you feel like watching?"

Dream replied in a monotone voice, "You have the remote, you choose."

"Every time I do nobody likes what I put on...that's probably what Sap told us to choose." George explained as he extended the remote to Dream.

Dream made no efforts to acknowledge the remote, "I don't care. We can watch anything."

He's being so snarky, so cold, so closed off. I hate this. I hate this! I have to fix this.

"Anything, you say?" George teased. I'll suggest watching porn or something like we did all together that one night years and years ago... that'll make him laugh for sure!

"Yeah, I don't give a fuck George." Dream said in a tone that smacked George right across the face.

George sank into the couch, red faced, and weighed down by his drooping heart. I'm such an idiot. Why did I do this? Why did I push him away? He's pushing me away and it's unbearable.

"Right. Okay. Um." George clicked the remote typing in 'The Dark Knight Rises'. He knew it was one of Dream's favorite movies.

Sapnap entered the room right after the smell of popcorn arrived, "Holy hell you two, what the fuck happened?"