Chapter 24: Ignite Me

(hey--I wrote and deleted about four different versions of this... it's incredibly hard to write an ending. I decided to keep this version and I hope you all enjoy)

content warnings: yelling, slightly sexual/mature intentions and actions

March 29, 2022:

It has been three months since Dream apologized and explained all his wrongs. Three months since he confessed his feelings for George. Three, long, very long, months since George did not say it back.

That night on the beach Dream felt elated and free. He no longer had chains of guilt and fear weighing him down.

That night on the beach George felt closed off and confused. He had wanted nothing more than to hear those words leave Dream's lips, but as soon as they did, George seized up.

Dream's covers were finally pulled away, leaving him as an open book.

While, George's covers were closing, leaving him as a locked book.

Dream didn't mind that George never replied after he confessed his feelings. He understood that a lot had happened, a lot had been said, and a lot had changed. So they agreed to carry on like normal... well as normal as they could be.

They had spent numerous days talking through their hardships and traumas together. They found ways to forgive, to compromise, to recreate their friendship. They talked through everything, all the time, no matter what was going on, to make sure the other was okay. They worked to overcome their challenges and feelings together.

They decided to start new. Not to pretend that nothing happened, but to have a redo of sorts. George decided not to buy his own place and continued to live with Dream and Sapnap. Karl had also moved in and together, all four, streamed Minecraft and other games, occasionally streaming fun irl challenges. They even filmed their 'dnf reading dnf fanfics' video that they were supposed to do ages ago.

The past few months had been like the first few weeks of George's arrival. Everything was new, fun... everything was good.

—————

Dream was currently in the kitchen, taking out jars of flour, sugar, and cocoa powder from the pantry, while George was pulling out cartons of eggs, butter, and milk from the refrigerator. They methodically continued grabbing all the necessary ingredients and materials to bake a cake.

"Are you sure your mum likes chocolate?" George asked, proceeding to search four drawers for the measuring spoons.

"They're in the next drawer over," Dream laughed, "And yes, I'm sure George. I've only lived with my mum for seventeen years."

"Okay, okay, just making sure before we spend three hours of our lives baking this cake."

Dream clutched his heart dramatically, sucking in a gasp, "Are you saying making my mom happy isn't worth your time?"

George turned to him, "That- that's not what I meant."

"Oh... so what you meant was, spending time with me to make my mom happy isn't worth your time?" Dream pouted, "I'm hurt George."

"I- that- uh- Dream!" George stuttered, "Quit making me out to be a villain. You know that's not what I meant either."

"Hm, I know... there's no way sweet little Georgie here could ever be a villain," Dream teased.

George walked over, inches away from the blonde staring into his eyes, "I hate you."

"Yeah?" he cocked a brow.