Chapter 3 - Tails, Not So Innocent? [Tails POV]

[TAILS]

I watched Sonic's figure disappear down the path and into the trees. The golden sun hit his sapphire blue fur making it shine brighter than the sun reflecting off a chaos emerald. Closing my front door I eagerly ran upstairs to my spare room and shut the door behind me.

The room was minimalistic with light grey walls and very cold. A single desk and an office chair were the only pieces of furniture in the room. I sat down and opened up my laptop that was sitting on the desk. As I typed in my password my heart was beating so fast it felt like it was trying to leap out of my chest.

"Calm down Tails!" I hissed at myself.

The chime of the operating system booting up made me jump as a bolt of anxiety shot through me. I looked around checking no one was watching, even though I knew I was alone.

Slowly I clicked through screens and options, answering cryptic security questions to finally arrive at what I had been waiting all afternoon to see.

Opening each file one by one I set the video playback speed to fast forward so I could sift through the footage quicker to find the part I was looking for.

I must have gone through about 10 video files with no luck before starting to wonder if maybe my experiment had not worked out.

And then suddenly I found it.

My heart skipped a beat and I felt nervous anticipation building up from deep within my body. My hands started to sweat and shake a little. I glanced behind me again to check that no one was there.

Not feeling quite prepared for what I was about to do I stood up and walked over to the window. The sun had almost disappeared over the horizon and the sky had turned a deep purple. A handful of stars had started to twinkle as the darkness allowed them to be seen.

My heart started to ache a little at the romantic sight, highlighting that I had no one to share it with... so I snapped the blinds shut and sat back down at my desk.

Returning my attention to the screen, I selected the part of the video that I wanted to watch, and set the speed to slow so I could take in all the detail. Glancing over my shoulder for one final time I put the video on full screen, pressed play, and was met with one of the most exciting images I had ever set eyes on.

The video quality was a little bit sketchy but that's what you'd expect from a spy camera I suppose. Despite that, I could clearly make out a blue hedgehog's figure open my bathroom door and walk up to the toilet.

There I got to see Sonic's full body, an image I'd longed for but never had the guts to admit it to him.

"Phew!" I let go of the huge breath I was holding.

Suddenly I was flooded with confusing emotions of lust combined with so much guilt. What am I doing? Sonic will never love me back if he finds out about this shifty behaviour.

I quickly shut down the spy cam software. My head started to spin. I was dizzy with shame and confusion. Closing my laptop I ran out of my studio and slammed the door behind me.

Running into the bathroom I grabbed the spy cam from where I had hidden it above the toilet and smashed it on the ground. Flustered, I picked up all the pieces and flushed them down the bowl.

I then ran to my bed and climbed in, pulling the covers over my head. I buried my head in the pillow as tears flooded from my eyes. My heart felt like it was tearing in two as I acknowledged my love for Sonic that wasn't returned. I love him so much, I'd do anything for him. I'd die for him. But would he ever want me?

Sadness overcame my whole body as I cried myself to sleep and my pillow soaked up the tears.