Chapter 13 - Like a Heart On Fire [Tails / Shadow POV]

[TAILS POV]

"You fucking biiiiitttccchhh!!!!"

I stared in disbelief as Amy marched with a vengeance up to Rouge's apartment with a small jerry can in her hand. She opened up the cap and started pouring petrol all over the walls. Then, pulling out a box of matches from her pocket, she lights one up and throws it down. Flames immediately engulf the outskirts of the building.

"Amy what the fuck are you doing??!" I cried helplessly and ran over to try to stop her but it was already too late.

"Get off me fox boy!" she screamed and shook me off, pushing me down on the ground.

This is not what I had in mind when I decided to join Amy in search of Sonic and Rouge. I thought we might just confront them or something! This is bad, real bad.

I really want to see Sonic.

But now I have to fix this mess.

Standing up and brushing myself off, I punched the code for the local fire station into my communicator.

"Hey there, I need fire assistance, hurry please!" I hastily told the operator and directed them to Rouge's house.

Chaos, I hope she's not inside!

"Tails you idiot! Whose side are you on here? I thought you were my friend!" Amy screeched at me before running away as fast as she could down the street, and disappeared over the horizon.

I was nearly hyperventilating with shock and shaking so much I could hardly stand. It's one thing fighting Eggman, I've done that so many times he doesn't scare me any more. But seeing one of your closest friends losing their mind is a completely different ball game. This is really disturbing. I don't know if Amy and Rouge will ever be friends again after this.

"Shit! What am I gonna do now?" I said to myself.

I gotta go find Sonic and warn him, Amy might be coming for him next...

[SHADOW]

"Uuurrgghhh" I groaned sleepily as I started to wake up. My body felt stiff but not as painful as before.

I blinked my eyes a few times in an attempt to un-blur my vision and realised I was in an unfamiliar place.

Huh? Oh that's right, I'm at Sonic's house.

I wasn't used to sleeping in a bed, I have always slept on the floor, it's much better for my back. Despite that, I had to admit Sonic's spare bed was pretty comfy, I could get used to this.

My heart skipped a beat nervously at the thought of being in his space.

"Get a grip Shadow," I said to myself.

I was covered in a thick warm blanket. Sonic must have put that over me while I was sleeping because it wasn't here when I fell asleep. I blushed slightly.

The room was warm and cosy. I looked out the window at the perfect view. The afternoon sun was low in the sky and casting dancing flickers of light over the sea. It was beautiful and made me feel calm and less depressed.

I'd better get up. Phew I stink. I need a shower.

As I pulled myself up from the bed I realised that I had a lot more strength than yesterday. That's a relief.

I wondered if I was alone in the house and decided to go investigate. Walking down the corridor I realised I most definitely wasn't, when I heard singing coming from the front of the house.