Chapter 24 - The Announcement [Knuckles POV]

[KNUCKLES]

I stared at my friends sitting in silence around the fire. It had been over half a year since we were all together. The last time was under the grave circumstances of defeating Eggman, which ended... well... in our favour but with Sonic nearly dying. I was hoping tonight would be fun having the gang back together, and I hoped we could strengthen our bond again. But it seemed like there was a lot of tension in the air. I could see I had a bit of work to do here.

I also knew that we were about to meet a bigger challenge, and the only way to get through this next phase was to be a tight team.

I have to figure out a way to clear the air between everyone to unite us again...

But first things first, I needed to announce the information that Mescalito gave me.

"Ok team!" I shouted and clapped my hands three times. Everyone looked up and me, either eager or intrigued to hear what I had to say.

The sun was basking the horizon in golden warmth. The fresh spring air was filled with the smell of flowers as they released their perfume into the breeze. The fire was giving off a comforting heat and creating a warm glow on the faces of everyone seated around it.

"I suppose you are all wondering why I've gathered you here today," I said with a supportive grin.

"Yes honey," Rouge piped up. "Please don't keep us in the dark any longer!"

"Ok. Well prepare yourselves, because our lives are about to change forever," I started, looking around at the circle. Amy and Cream were staring at me wide-eyed, either in terror or excitement. Rouge was sitting up straight, grinning enthusiastically. Tails was looking down at the ground. Blaze and Sonic watched me attentively. Shadow's expression didn't change.

"I was summoned to a meeting with one of my ancestral guides. They brought news of an astrological event about to take place on Mobius-"

"Sorry Knuckles," Cream interrupted me, raising her arm in the air. "But what do you mean by an astrological event?"

"My apologies Cream, I'll start from the beginning." I said. "Astrology: is the study of the influence that the stars, planets and galaxies have upon us and our own planet."

"How can that be?" said Sonic.

"Well," I continued, "Say everything in the universe carries its own energy force. For example; have you ever been in a great mood, but then spoke to someone who is grumpy and rude to you, and then felt awful afterwards? Or maybe you were feeling sad or anxious, but someone who was in a good mood came along and cheered you up? That is an example of how energy can directly affect energy.

On a much bigger scale, items in space also carry their own energy force, and it is theorised that they can directly affect the energy of everything else in the universe."

"I think I follow," Sonic replied.

"Therefore an astrological event is when the energy of something is space affects the energy of something else somewhere in the universe. In this case, it has been prophesised that Mobius will be affected."

"But... how?" asked Rouge.

I scratched my chin and wondered how I was going to explain this.

"As you know, all planets reside in galaxies. Galaxies are made up of many planets and stars. Mobius is part of the Milky Way galaxy," I began. "Every galaxy is ruled by a certain force. The Milky Way galaxy is governed by the force of love. That's why it is our main goal and biggest challenge in life to find love."