Chapter 8 - What the F*ck is Going On? [Shadow POV]

[SHADOW]

Uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

What... Where am I?

I can't move

My stomach, ouch what the fuck, did I get shot?

Argh my throat! It feels like I've drunk acid!

My body is in agony, was I beaten up?

I can't remember anything...

I'm paralysed...

Oh holy shit this is terrifying...

Wait I can see light. My eyes are opening! Oh wow it's bright. Ouch!

Everything is blue?

What's happened to my eyesight? Everything is blurry...

Did I die? Wait no, there's no pain after death.

I can't focus on anything. Is this a dream?

It can't be, dreams aren't this painful.

I can hear breathing. Someone else's breathing!

I'm not alone?

What am I looking at?

It looks like... no it can't be...

What the fuck!

Sonic?!

I stared at what appeared to be the blue hedgehog's face, eyes shut, with his nose pressed up close to mine. I was utterly petrified and in a state of absolute confusion. My whole body was throbbing in excruciating pain. I couldn't move any of my limbs and my vision was clouded. It felt like something was drilling into my brain.

I still had no recollection of anything that had occurred before I woke up. I was filled with dread and anxiety as I realised that this was probably really bad.

But why is Sonic here? And why is he touching me?!

As I slowly started to become more aware, I was able to sense that not only was Sonic's face dangerously close to mine, but he also had his arm around me. And hang on a second, what's this... I could feel something else pressing up against me. He's got a fucking boner!!!

I didn't know whether to be aroused or creeped out. I was still delusional and couldn't think straight. For a second my heart felt warm. I felt loved and comforted and all the pain seemed to fade away. Someone was holding me! Then with a swoop I came back down to earth as I realised that it was Sonic of all people and how dare he think he can touch me without my permission!! I decide who touches me! 

What the fuck is going on?!

I started feeling aggravated. With all of my might I tried to move my body but with no luck. This is just like sleep paralysis, but without the shadow creature. Oh wait! I know how to get out of this.

*Tangent*

I have suffered from sleep paralysis my whole life. It is just something that comes with being incredibly psychic. It's actually a superpower if you know how to harness it. I'm still not sure what causes it when it happens but I have worked out how to manage it, and what to do with it. 

I would wake up in my bed but completely paralysed, and with a dark force pressing its weight on top of me. It's like being in a dream, but awake in the dream. At first I thought that the shadowy-type being I always see in my half-awake, half-asleep state was a demon stalking me. Over time as I got to know the creature I realised it is actually a gatekeeper.