Chapter 11 - The Hedgehogs' Connection [Shadow / Rouge POV]

[SHADOW]

I could feel Sonic's gaze upon me again. I could see him from my peripherals, just standing there, staring. Usually I would never show any emotion in front of anybody but I was so exhausted that I didn't have enough energy to care.

All the charcoal and water that Knuckles made me drink had gone right through me. I had to go outside to take a piss. Groaning, I pulled my knees up to my chest and put my feet flat on the ground. I placed my hands on the floor and tried to push myself upwards.

"Arrrgggh!"

My body was stiff and sore and I didn't have the strength yet to get up. I slumped back down on the ground.

"Shadow!" Sonic cried and ran over to me. "Let me help." He extended his hand to me. I sighed and grabbed hold of his hand. He pulled me up quickly and immediately put his arm around my waist so I didn't fall. Grabbing my arm and putting it over his shoulder, he took almost all of my weight. I was surprised at his strength, being able to support me like that... although it was hurting my pride that I had to rely on someone for help, especially him.

"So where do you wanna go dude?"

"The bathroom." I growled at him.

"Oh," he looked embarrassed but started walking with me towards the door.

"Outside is fine." I said in a monotone voice.

We walked to the edge of the trees out the back of my house. Once again here I am, pressed up against Sonic's body with his arm around me. Why does this keep happening?

"So do you er, need a hand?" He looked down at my crotch and back up at me with a cheeky smirk on his face.

The little shit, how dare he mock me!

"No I don't!" I snapped at him angrily. "Just don't watch."

This was probably the most awkward moment of my life. Taking a slash with my arm around Sonic. Stage fright much? Argh what has my life come to?

It took a while for me to relax. I couldn't be certain, but I swear he was trying to suppress a snigger the whole time. After I had relieved myself we walked slowly back inside.

Rouge looked up at us holding each other with an amused look on her face. Sonic grinned back at her while I gave her a frown. What does she find so comical about this situation?

We sat back down on the floor and everyone shifted their position so that we were all sitting in a circle. Knuckles was on my right while Rouge sat to my left, Sonic directly opposite me.

I sighed and put my head in my hands. I still felt manically depressed.

Rouge put her hand on my back and patted me. "Everything's gonna be fine, Shads. We got you now honey."

I didn't know how to feel. I've gone from being desperately alone, to nearly being dead, to being suffocated by my friends. Although I had company in this moment there was still a gaping hole in my soul, like part of it was missing.

"So Shadow," Knuckles said. "We need to talk about your rehabilitation."

"I'm fine."

"I'm sorry buddy, but you're clearly not."

That echidna thinks he knows everything.

"You don't know anything about me Knuckles," I said coldly.

Then Rouge chimed in. "Shadow, now's not the time to be on the defensive. Knuckles just saved your life. We're trying to help you," she said as gently as possible, so as not to trigger my temper.