Chapter 15 - Everything Falls Apart [Sonic / Tails / Rouge POV]

[SONIC]

"Ignore it..." Shadow growled seductively and pulled me back towards him, planting a tender kiss on my lips.

But I couldn't ignore the loud knocking on my front door.

Shit!

I couldn't let anyone see me... us... like this.

Plus I didn't know if I'd locked...

*CLICK*

"Soooonniiicccc?????!" Tails' shouted anxiously through the open door.

"Ohh hey Tails!" I shouted back nervously. "One minute! I'll be right..."

But it was too late. He'd already walked into my house and followed my voice to the kitchen.

...there."

"Sonic! You're finally home... What the?"

Tails' face dropped and his eyes widened in horror as he stared down at me, laying on top of Shadow, both of us covered in a white, sticky mess.

[TAILS]

It was like something from a bad movie. At first, because of all the mess and various items flung across the room, I thought I'd interrupted a fight between Sonic and Shadow. I quickly realised that I'd walked into something way, way worse.

My heart didn't want to believe it, but the unforgiving stench of sweat and sex hung in the air, making it impossible to lie to myself.

I looked down in repulsion at Shadow, his fur all bunched together with bodily fluids, he looked like he hadn't showered in a week. He smirked back at me with a sickening, wicked look in his eye, so pleased with himself, like he'd just won a trophy or something. He made me want to vomit.

Sonic on the other hand was pale as a ghost. Eyes wide with fear, he was frozen on the spot, clearly he didn't want anyone to witness what he was doing.

Pain tore through me like a thousand knives as I realised that the one I love was here, right in front of me, with somebody else.

"Tails, it's not what you think," Sonic shook himself out of it, stood up quickly and took a step towards me.

"Don't touch me Sonic," I said, moving away. "Don't come anywhere near me!"

"Tails?"

"You fucking disgust me!!" I screamed at Sonic, now with hot tears steaming down my cheeks. "Why him? Why him?"

"I'm taking care of Shadow while he recovers! He nearly died! I was going to tell you as soon as I saw you!" Sonic pleaded with me.

"Oh I can see you've been taking care of him alright!!"

"Tails, you're wrong, it's not like that. Nothing happened. Nothing is going on here," Sonic continued in vain to try to make me believe he was innocent.

Shadow looked at him and raised his eyebrows.

"You're lying to me Sonic! I'm not a kid any more, you can't hide things from me! Plus I know you better than you know yourself, so don't think for one minute you can treat me like an idiot!"

I was shaking with rage and sadness. I felt like someone had put a gun to my chest and pulled the trigger.

"I've been trying to get in touch with you for days!" I continued. "Why has your communicator been off? Everything has gone to shit and you don't even care, YOU'VE JUST BEEN FUCKING HIM!!"