Chapter 30 - Truth Serum - Part Five - A Plan Emerges [Everyone POV]

[AMY]

After my chat with Rouge I was exhausted. I didn't realise how much energy it takes to hold on to problems!

The timer rang at 15 minutes and we all walked back to gather around the spot where the hat was holding the names. It was slowly getting darker and the sky was now turning magenta and it looked like it would be a beautiful sunset.

Knuckles nodded at me to indicate that I was to choose next. Sighing wearily I pulled out a name.

"Sonic"

Sonic also looked tired but he still managed to smile and gave me a fist bump. I got up slowly and followed him out to a small forest clearing amongst the bushes.

"Amy, Amy..." he sighed with a grin, "How'd it go with Rouge? I head a bit of screaming back there!"

I laughed defensively. "Yeah heh. Well I finally told her! She was mad at first but she said she'd give me another chance as her friend. Rouge is so mature!"

"Well I guess she's had a lot of life experience," reasoned Sonic.

The magic dust was still in full effect so I decided to cut right to the chase.

"So Tails told me a little secret!" I teased him.

"Huh?! What did he say?" he cried, looking nervous.

"Welllll.... He said that someone has a bit of a thing for a certain black and red hedgehog!"

Sonic went bright red and nodded.

"So it's true! Well, well I never would have guessed that one!"

"You aren't gonna set fire to his house are you?" Sonic said uneasily.

"Hah chaos no!" I laughed. "I've decided to renounce all unreturned desires."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I'm moving on Sonic! I'm no longer interested in following around someone who doesn't appreciate me for who I am!" I boasted, proud of myself.

"Look about that Amy," said Sonic, "I'm sorry for not being upfront about my feelings. The truth is, I'm gay and I always have been. I just didn't want to admit it to myself so I blocked out everyone in a romantic way. Well until Shadow..."

"It all makes so much sense now!!" I exclaimed. "No wonder you were able to resist my charm! And all this time I was being so hard on myself, thinking there was something wrong with me!"

"No there's nothing wrong with you Amy! You're amazing! Just err.. not my type..." Sonic smirked.

We shared a laugh and I finally relaxed. It felt like a huge weight was lifted of my shoulders. I finally felt myself being able to let go...

[TAILS]

I felt a bit better after talking with Sonic. I knew it would take time to heal our friendship but I was positive that we could get back to being brothers again! Having some closure on the situation and making the decision to move on was a big start.

I was up next to pick a name and I hoped it would be a less intense chat this time.

"Rouge"

Alrighty then this will be much easier!

"C'mon cutie!" Rouge jumped up enthusiastically and signalled to the spot behind Knuckles' cave.

We walked over to the discreet setting and sat down next to each other.