XXVIII."Saving. The. World."

XXVIII.

The blinding lights of the hospital and the loud talking coming from beside me gave me a splitting headache. My insides were sore and my hand rested atop my stomach. I groaned and let the side of face hit my pillow. I knew why I was here, but then again I didn't. A hand soon slithered it's way into mine.

"Hey, there." a smooth masculine voice spoke beside me. It was like butter the way his words rolled off his tongue. His hand was a brown, like a golden colored brown. A unique shade that made my skin seem dull. Like before I knew his name, but I didn't. I knew we had a connection somehow, I could feel it in my bones. This person meant something to me and it gave me great passion.

"Wanna' give it a chance and hold your newborn baby-boy?" he said, as a nurse walked into the room with something wrapped in blue blankets with it's arms outstretched as if it was yawning. I had a baby. It was boy.

I looked at the mystery man, and he became even more of a familiar stranger. His name was on the tip of my tongue and I suddenly felt the urge to cry. He had a bright smile with full lips and a head full of dark curls. He had large dull grey eyes and golden skin. He was kind of gorgeous, in a goofy way. His face wasn't extremely defined in cheekbones and jawlines, but he was handsome nonetheless. I knew him and his story, but it just couldn't come to mind no matter how hard I tried.

The nurse lowered down the blanket full of baby. I held him in my arms. He didn't have a name yet; I knew that. He was perfect with dull grey eyes and a head full of curly hair. He had the lips of the man who I seemed to love and stood next to me. He did not look strange. He had my nose and his hands were quite large. He reminded me of my brother, Daniel, because he looked so serious, but something inside me just knew that he was gonna have the greatest personality that there can possibly be.

"Aaron" I whispered, smiling. I looked up at the man and he broke into an even wider smile.

"Aaron" he repeated warmly with a slight accent I hadn't noticed before. It wasn't thick, but it was there.

Suddenly the baby began to cry, and someone came running into the room shouting my name.

"Danny!" they yelled. I peeked over to see who it was, but had became blinded with another light. I closed my eyes.

~~

"Danny! Wake-y wake-y, little sissy!" I opened my eyes to find none other than my adult brother on top of me shouting. I had only been dreaming about having a child, but I still found myself holding my stomach. "Hey!" Daniel continued to shout in my ear. "Get up!"

I frowned, becoming irritated with this rude awakening. "I'm up, nigga. Damn!" I turned over in bed to not face him.

"Uh-uh, I just know" he paused, "you not cursing at me, little girl." he said too dramatically. I took a pillow and pushed off the top of me before sliding out of bed.

I only had a big t-shirt and underwear on, but that's what he got for waking me up.

"Aye! A-A-A-Aye, blood! Where your clothes at?" he frowned, as I laughed and pulled some pants out of the drawer. "You gon' make me whoop you."

"You not my dad!" I yelled at him jokingly. "Always want me to do something. Ugly fucking...noodle-head."

He laughed, giving me what I guess was a straight face. "You lame."

"Why are you here?" I asked him as I walked to Janice's room to find out that she wasn't there. I could hear the TV in the living room. "Do you smell bacon?"

We walked down the hallway towards the sound of the television.

"Oh my gosh...is it a crime for a brother to want to come and see his kid sister on his day off from SAVING THE WORLD." he spoke, clearly dramatizing his tone.