XIII. "This should be good."

XIII.

•|chancellor|•

I kicked the tire of the limo in frustration. Danny's gone and it's all my fault. I should've told her earlier and maybe this whole incident wouldn't have happened. I can only imagine where she could be. Maybe she went home, but she didn't even have her phone and the limo's still here. My chest aches and my eyes sting from the tears that had been forcing to come out. I'm not a crying type of person, but losing someone so close to you can be hard.

"Chance, we can't find her anywhere. I think you should call home and see if she's there." Gabriel said to me, but I was only half listening over the cursing that Roni and Becky were doing inside the limo.

I walked away from the limo, pulling my phone out of my pocket. Instead of rising panic at her house, I decide to call Daniel. He picked up after the third ring as if he knew I would be calling.

"Yo, Chance! How's it going?" he answered cheerfully.

"Not so good, man. Please tell me you placed a tracking thing on your sister?" I pleaded.

He laughed. "Yeah, actually I did, and I was just about to call and ask why you guys were in San Antonio."

"Okay, Daniel I need you to be completely serious. Danny is gone and-"

"So, you guys aren't in San Antonio right now?" He asked seriously.

"No..."

"Shit...meet me at my house, ASAP." he said before the line went dead. I let out an exasperated breath.

*

Once we arrived at Daniel's house everyone piled into his van which had a bunch of computers and things inside of it.

"So, guys tell me what happened." He said once we were on the rode. I assumed that we were on our way to San Antonio which is like thirty minutes away from where we are. I hope Daniel's tracking system was correct.

Roni explained what happened in great detail, making sure to tell him about Jonathan, her new boa. I knew what she was doing and Daniel brushed it off his shoulders like any guy like him would, like I would have done before I met Danny. I hadn't paid much attention to the rest of what Roni had said because it was about me and how she thought I was a two timing dog in the beginning but realized how evil Tiffany truly is. I would never do anything to intentionally hurt the people I care about, especially Danny.

carefulBut who really cared about what I would never do at this point. I looked like the bad guy in that gym. I looked like I broke Danny's heart, but that still was never my intentions for never telling. It was bad timing that's all it was. I was just about to tell her about the picture, because Tiffany had sent it to my phone only moments before the results came in. I still should have told her about the kiss even before the picture was leaked, but part of me didn't know why I should have told.

Part of me was selfish that night, but I never wanted to even reveal those feelings to myself. Part of me wanted to enjoy that kiss, but part of me also wished that it had been Danny kissing me that night. Both parts of me are angry but there's this one part deep down inside that's mad for the wrong reason.

Why did I ever have to meet Daniella Hudson in the first place? Wasn't my life hectic enough before she waltzed in with her massive curly hair, eating disorders, and delicate features. I was perfectly fine not knowing how great it felt to have my lips pressed against someone else's. I was fine before I knew how it felt to be treated like an actual human and not like some type of delicate prize. I was fine with not caring, but now that's all I can seem to ever do, care.