IV. Befriends

IV.

"Holy shit!" I screamed out again. Mrs. Jacobson's daughter was spread out across the bathroom floor. There was a sink full of medication along with a cup of water. I saw that one was open and looked at the label. "Sleeping pills?"

I got down on the floor and tried to wake her, but I had no luck. She was wasn't your typical skinny supermodel type. She wasn't flawless, but she wasn't ugly either. She looked so angelic just sleeping there. Although her light caramel skin was pale and ashy and she resembled more of a dead corpse than a sleeping, human, teenage girl.

I got up and proceeded into picking her up as Janice ran out and peeked behind the door at what was going on. I carried her bridal style out of the house and into the passenger seat of my truck. I should probably call her mother, but I don't want her to worry. This is a life or death situation.

I find myself pulling out my phone and dialing Mrs.Jacobson's number. It went straight to voicemail. "Shit..."

I sped down the road towards the hospital.

I ran into the hospital with the girl and Janice in my hands. I was carrying a lot and was surprised I didn't make Janice walk. I guess I was too caught up in the moment. As soon as I walked in the receptionist at the desk seemed to fall over and die.

"Oh my God! What happened to her?!" she yelled. "Elberta go get Rosemary!!!"

Mrs. Jacobson soon ran into the waiting room and burst into tears. "What happened?" she cried out through sobs. This was all too dramatic to me, like something off a movie.

"I came to drop Janice off and we walked to the back to find her on the floor of the bathroom. The mirror was shattered and there was pill medication in the sink. I think she took half a bottle of sleeping pills. I think she's trying to commit......s-suicide." I started explaining and nearly choke when I got to the word 'suicide'. I hate that word.

She cried even harder as someone brought a hospital bed around. I laid the girl on the bed as the nurses hooked her up to the machine and gave her some oxygen. Mrs. Jacobson just crumbled to the floor and cried her eyes out. I expected her to jump into nurse action, but I guess not. I then noticed Janice started to cry. A tear soon slid from my eye but I wiped it away.

-

Later, after the doctors pumped her stomach, they announced that she would be fine and that she needed rest. Sitting in the waiting room I found myself going through a million emotions. I went from worried about whether or not she was going to live to being angry for letting this happen. I should've befriended her; got to know her. I could've stopped them from messing with her so much. I couldn't stopped this from happening. I could've saved her. I always "could've" did something.

My eyes stung from crying and my hands were trembling from nerves.

"Chancellor, she's awake." Mrs. Jacobson said walking out of the door of the emergency room.

I stood, running my hands through my hair and picking up Janice who had fallen asleep. "Well I probably should go, right?"