XVI. "Friends?" "Friends."

XVI.

•|daniella|•

"You a virgin?" The smell of beer was heavy on his breath as he leaned into me. I wanted so badly to pull away. Scratch that. Run away. I want so badly to run away from this guy. I only danced with him to make a certain someone jealous, but I see he's practically ignoring me. I don't blame him. I'd do the same.

I felt something grip my butt. I pushed the guy off me and slapped him.

"Damn, ma'! You too fine to be going around slapping the piss out of niggas." He said, regaining his posture. He was evidently drunk.

I walked away, in search for Roni. She had whined her way into making me go to this party. I told her I don't like parties and Mr. Grabby Hands over there is the exact reason I don't go to any, plus, the sight of Chance dancing with that girl is slowly putting me on edge.

I was so busy thinking about him I bumped straight into a wall, or at least that's what I thought it was.

"Excuse me..." I said lowly, not wanting to look up at who it might be.

"Hey" they said. The voice sounded all too familiar. I looked up and felt my knees buckle. Chance was standing right in front of me. All my anger towards him suddenly left. His eyes were still brown. They've been that color for a while.

I looked down. "Hi...Chancellor."

Of course things were awkward as he just stared at me. He seemed to be waiting on something. Maybe an apology. He sure wasn't getting it.

"I'll see you around." I spoke before walking away and leaving him standing there.

Danny, what the hell? Just apologize to the guy. My mind scolded me. I ignored the little voice in my head, I am NEVER apologizing first.

"There you are, bitch! Jonathan and I were looking all over for you!" Roni said once I approached her where she sat on a black leather couch. She was sitting by Jonathan and there was a seat empty beside her. The party had died down by now and a lot of people had either left or moved themselves to the backyard where they were playing some perverted party games.

"Did you see Chance?" She asked expectingly.

I nodded followed by her excited squealing. "Did you guys make up?"

"No..."

She frowned and slapped my bare arm. "What do you mean 'no'? You said you were going to apologize, Danny."

"I know, but I still don't think I should have to." I responded.

"Be the bigger person then."

"But I don't wanna..." I pouted.

"Fine, you've left me no choice." She said.

I frowned. "What are you about to do Roni?"

She stood and hooked her arm to mine. "I'm not about to do anything, but you are about to apologize to that poor boy. Unless you want him to be with a bitch with AIDS."

I stopped and shook my head. "Wait, what? How do you know?"

"Girl come on! Just trust I know what I'm talking about." She pulled me and I began walking with her again.

I didn't know where we were in the house until I spotted the dance floor. Chance and the girl stood by he wall seeming to have a somewhat...intimate moment? The girl was close to Chance and he had his arms wrapped around her waist. The smile on his face spoke that he was having a great time, and I knew once I showed up his good mood would vanish.