more than a challenge

"I will go and mingle with others, you guys carry on,"
Siya said while giving a look to me and later to Mr. Rathod whose entire attention was on me.

"What are you doing here?" I peered over at him, waiting for the answer. But he didn't. He stared at me with eyes full of desire.

"Isn't that obvious?" He finally answered with a question.
It was his subtly raised brow, that made my stomach sink.

"Obviously everyone is here to attend the party but I have heard that you don't attain many parties."

He let out a chuckle at that,
"I see you have done your research."

"What they say--'know your enemy better and you will win half the battle.'"

"I am the enemy, now? Well, just for your information, You are not an enemy to me."

"And How can I believe that? After all, I rejected the almighty's proposal, his male ego must be hurt."

He smiled at me,
"I don't miss my deal worth of crores to just have a look at my enemy and--"

Of course, He knew I was going to be here,

He took a step closer to me,
"And the Bulge that formed by one glance at you, is proof enough to say that you are not my enemy. And my male ego is just fine, I considered your rejection as a challenge."

I looked around to see some of the people were staring at us or more particularly at him,
I took a step back and made some space between us and said,
"So am I just a challenge?"

"You are a woman who forced me to change my ways of having s*x, I never asked a woman for s*x, never missed my meetings intentionally before today, a naked woman was not enough to forget you."

"Naked woman?" I asked him with surprise,

"I was in a club when you drunk-messaged me."
He replied nonchalantly as if It was some usual line that he says every day,

I realized earlier today how in grave danger I was last night, I don't want to even imagine what might have happened to me If he didn't come.

Oh yes, that reminds me, how the hell did he find my location yesterday night? And how did he know that I was going to attain the party today?

Before I could ask him, he said,
"The bottom line is that you are a little more than just a challenge."

"Hello Mr. Rathod, I didn't know you were attending the party. But I am glad that you came." Mr. Pandey intervened before I could say anything. His confession was running repeatedly in my mind.

"Mr. Pandey." He nodded his head in acknowledgment and continued,
"Miss Patel here works in my company and we have a dinner meeting with clients but my PA forgot to mention that to her so I am here to fetch her. Let's go, Ms. patel, it's not good to make the clients wait."
He took my wrist in his hand and started to leave, but I didn't budge from my place,
"And Mr. Pandey, Pass my wishes to your daughter for her upcoming movie."

"Sure, Mr. Rathod." Mr. Pandey went away hearing that,

"Aarna? I am so sorry I ditched you, come please, I want to see you something."
She took my hand from Mr. Rathod's,
"Miss Ria, I need to talk with Aarna and don't think this is a place to have a conversation so I am taking her to the restaurant If you don't mind. "
He took my hand from Ria.

"I do mind, I brought her here and it's my responsibility to make sure that she enjoys the party, come Aarna."
She took my hand from Mr. Rathod's again,

"Miss Ria, the whole time you were enjoying yourself with your friends and she was alone here, and responsibility word doesn't suit your mouth, She was alone yesterday night on the streets, heavily drunk, where were you? Where was your responsibility? And did you call her once to know about her whereabouts?"