Frightened Deer Or Hungry Lion?

I hadn’t laughed so hard in a long time. Ria kept me amused with her online dating tales,
"He asked me, do I do Brazilian?"

"And when I replied with yes, he asked, wait, let me show you his message" she opened the dating app, went to the chat section,

I read the message,

"Can I watch you do Brazilian?"- He

"why? Do you want to learn to wax." - R

"No, I am a masochist, It arouses me when I see others in pain.-- He

I didn't read further and passed the phone back to Ria.

I didn't find this amusing at all.

"Ria, stop laughing, this is serious. What If you went out with him and he did something to hurt you? When are you going to cancel your dating account?"

"When I will find someone who will take care of me the way your man does, then I will cancel this."

My man!
Jayraj called Ria after the office fiasco and gave her a brief about what happened, and also ordered Ria to take leave so she spends a day with me.

Well, I am glad he did, in the last few days with work and Jayraj I got so busy that I forgot how I missed this girl.
As we sipped our coffee after a good massage, manicure, and pedicure session.

Yup, Jayraj also ordered Ria to use his credit card and do whatever girls do together.

After talking, laughing, and having dinner, Ria went back home.

I was in the living room, talking with Jay about work and the office.
Usually, he kissed me like a hungry lion coming home from work. But today he kissed my forehead.
He was treating me like a doll who will break with a little bit of force and he was behaving like a frightened deer.

I loosened the sash of my nightgown and put my arms on his chest,

"I want you."

"I, Aarna, I--" He looked everywhere but me, his fists were clenched on his sides,

What?

"Is this because of what happened yesterday? He didn't go ahead, I swear."

"Aarna, how can you even think like that? I know he didn't do anything and even If he went ahead, I am glad he didn't but even If It happened my feelings for you will never change."

"Then why do you not want me?"

"I do. I want you, heck I need you every damn second."

"Then why are you not touching me?"

I looked at his expression,

"You blame yourself for what happened yesterday."
It was not a question, I knew it.