His needy, aching Aarna

I chose not to reply to his message instantly

I chose not to reply to his message instantly. It was not in my heart to deny such a sweet suggestion, wait, Not a suggestion, order I mean,

But whatever it was, It was sweet, specifically for Jayraj's standard, the man who says he doesn't do romance, this gesture was romantic, so so romantic.

But I can not break my promise to Ria too.
"Ughhh," I said with frustration.

Aarna let's concentrate on work right now, we will think about this later.

Ignorance is bliss. And I definitely ignored the problems at hand.

"Ma'am..." I looked from my Laptop at the intruder,

"Oh, Ravi, please come in."

"Mam, I have made these charts of comparisons of cement, bricks and tiles price in between all companies name you had given. Here."
I took the file from his hand and observed the work he had done,

"Okay, I will go through this later, you go home It's 7 o'clock already."

"Ma'am, are you leaving?"
I looked at him closing the file,

"Yes, I am about to leave."
'But why was he inquiring?'

"Do you need a lift? I can drop you."

What?

"Sorry?"

"No, I haven't seen your car in the parking area so..." He tried his best to control the embarrassed flush but was totally unsuccessful.

"Actually, my bike's parking space is near yours so. Anyway, I will take my leave."

Right, parking space! I rolled my eyes at his back,

I gave him my neutral smile before he took his leave.

I collected my belongings and added files into my bag to read during the ride home.

I went outside the building and was so busy with adding my location in the Uber app that I forgot to notice a Rolls-Royce Phantom outside.

"Miss Patel, Jayraj is waiting for you outside."
I was startled by Vasim's voice,

"Oh, good evening, Mr. Vasim," I said to make amends, after all, I am going to be in Jayraj's life for some time and he is his head of security so we will have our share of seeing each other often.

But the arrogant bastard gave me a cold look.
I shrugged my shoulder at Vasim and went inside the car,

"Hey, Good evening."
I said to Jayraj while noticing the interior of the car. A spacious rear compartment with opaque glass between driver and passenger seats for privacy purposes

"Nice car," I said, just to make some conversation because It looked like Jayraj was mad.

And I knew why.