meeting her parents

The last three days have been like bliss, but still, there was this void, like I was missing something or someone precisely If I say

my cousins came to our home for Uttarayan, It was all chaos and I was so busy in preparation and spending time with cousins and family that I hardly got time to talk with Jayraj.
My body was itching to see him.

God, I was missing him.

'Just call him, woman.'

What If he will think I am behaving like a teenager?

"F*CK it, I am going to call him."
I dialed his number but It was switched off.
What the hell?
He never switches off his phone.

Is he fine?

Calm down.

It might be some battery issue or a broken phone.

"Aaru beta."
The voice was sweet and cheerful, filled with love.

"Yes, Mumma?" I asked as she barged into my room.
No, Indian Mothers don't do knocking, it's their daughter's room so they have the unsaid right to barge into the room.

"We are going out to the movies, yayyyy."
She said in a cheery voice.

I rolled my eyes at her overexcited voice.

"Young lady, don't roll your eyes at Mumma."
She tried putting on a serious and angry face which she was failing miserably.

"We as in?"

"We as in You, me, and Ria."

"Did she come back?"

Ria went to meet the caretaker aunty of the orphanage.
She single-handedly used to run the orphanage but now that she was very old and ill, she closed down the orphanage recently and that made Ria very sad.

I wish I could do something for her but the matter was out of our hands as Orphanage has been already closed.
And even If it wasn't close then also I don't have the resources to keep it running.

"Yes, she is downstairs, and stop with all this interrogation. Get ready for a movie and dinner. This will cheer up Ria too."
This time it was an order.

"Dinner?"

"Yes, dinner after the movie, sounds like a good plan, right?"

Well, It was not a question so I didn't feel like answering.
In normal situations, I would be very excited,
Watching a movie with Ria and Mumma has been our ritual but I was gloomy because certain someone did not call and his phone was switched off.

"Send Ria here, we need to get ready."

Instead of dialing Jayraj this time, I sent a text.

I miss you, I am going out for the movies and having dinner with Mom and Ria. Call me If you are free later at night.