20

ACHILLES' HEEL
— 20. Bringing Out the Dead

    At the sight of Elijah, both Klaus and Annikah stood in place, both of them not having the slightest idea what would come next

  Elijah kept his eyes locked on the two as he wiped the blood on his hands with the handkerchief he had stored in his pocket. "The two of you look surprised to see me," Elijah said as he walked toward Klaus, "I guess you weren't the one to remove the dagger from my chest."

"You believe we are mad enough to do that?" Annikah scoffed, the slightest of smiles on her face.

"You look like you could do with a drink," Klaus told his brother nervously, feeling uneasy. He knew if he didn't change the subject, Annikah would set off Elijah even more than she already had, "And we have a lot to discuss, so shall we?"

Klaus turned slightly, gesturing to the other room.

Elijah tossed the handkerchief to the ground before he lunged at Annikah. He punched her in the face and attempted to grab her.

Annikah tried her hardest to fight back but within no time, Elijah had thrown her through the glass doors that led into another room.

Annikah rolled before landing on all fours. She inhumanly growled, her eyes glowing yellow.

"Easy!" Klaus shouted angrily, "I just finished renovating!"

Annikah lifted her hand and used her magic to toss Elijah in the same way he had thrown her. He crashed into a table, which broke upon impact before Klaus charged at his older brother.

"You know you have every right to be mad at us," Klaus spoke up as he pointed down at his brother, "But we kept our word, Annikah reunited you with our family."

Annikah laughed at Klaus' comment and the latter smiled, which Elijah didn't like.

Elijah jumped up and struck Annikah. She grunted and fell back. However, before she could counter his attack, she was kicked by Elijah and ended up falling against one of the coffins.

To protect Annikah, Klaus sped over and opened Kol's coffin, removing the dagger from his brother's heart.

When Elijah went to attack Annikah again, Klaus grabbed his brother by the neck and shoved him against one of the coffins, holding up the dagger. "Don't make me do this to you again, Elijah!"

"Come on. Use it," Elijah encouraged his brother, showing no fear, "I dare you. You'll have Kol to deal with."

Slowly, Elijah turned his head to glance at Annikah. It led to Klaus doing the same and the latter immediately felt uneasy about the thought.