21

ACHILLES' HEEL
— 21. The Return

    As Elijah and Damon left, Mallory continued to hold Stefan's hand in the fire

As Elijah and Damon left, Mallory continued to hold Stefan's hand in the fire. "Go ahead and kill me. I know you'll do it when he brings the coffin." Stefan told Annikah as he groaned in pain.

    Finally, Annikah pulled Stefan's arm out of the fireplace and Klaus walked over, looking amused.

"You really have given up, haven't you?" Klaus suddenly asked Stefan, amused as he shoved him, "Where's the fight? Where's the ripper?"

Just then, Elijah and Damon re-entered the room next to the other female servant who was carrying a tray, "Elijah. Why haven't you left?" Klaus asked Elijah, looking confused while Annikah tried to contain her smirk.

"Where are my manners?" Elijah asked as he removed the cloth from the tray to reveal three daggers, "We forgot the dessert Annikah so desperately yearned for."

"What have you done?" Klaus asked, his eyes widening in alarm.

"What have you done?" Elijah retorted in a cold tone, "See, I've learned not to trust your vulgar promises, Klaus. We're doing this on my terms now."

Just then, Kol walked in and Annikah began to breathe heavily, not knowing how to react. Kol was surely the only one who wouldn't want to get back at her for being daggered. But what of the others?

"Kol!" Klaus exclaimed, slowly beginning to back up.

"Long time, brother," Kol smirked slightly.

Klaus grabbed Annikah's arm, about to speed off with her when Finn appeared before them.

He grabbed one of the daggers from the platter and Annikah's eyes widened in alarm. She raised her hand to perform a spell on her, only to cry out in pain when he stabbed her through the hand with the dagger she once used on him nine hundred years before.

Klaus went to speed the other way, only to have Rebekah walk toward him. "Rebekah!" He exclaimed and Rebekah smirked in satisfaction.

She walked toward him and stabbed him in the stomach with a dagger. "This is for our mother," She yanked the dagger out of him and shoved him.

He fell against Kol, who pinned his arms back as their other siblings prepared to torture Klaus.

"You're free to go," Elijah spoke up in a calm tone as he looked toward Damon and Stefan, who wasted no time heading for the door, "This is family business."

Before leaving Damon noticed the look on Annikah's face. She didn't share the same fear that Klaus bore in his eyes, despite being just as guilty as Klaus, if not more.

Little did he know it was because, for over a thousand years, she had the favor and protection of Klaus and Kol, but now, after helping him, she knew she had Elijah's at that moment to protect her from Finn and Rebekah's wrath.