6

ACHILLES' HEEL
— 6. Betrayal

    Annikah's eyes fluttered open to find herself naked, laying in the grass beside Klaus, who was also nude

    Annikah's eyes fluttered open to find herself naked, laying in the grass beside Klaus, who was also nude. They were in a forest, presumably still in Mystic Falls. Annikah quietly gasped, looking down at her hands in shock in shock. From them going from paws to human hands once more, it was odd.

She tilted her head and looked up at the sun, smiling. She and Klaus turned to look at each other, both of them amazed by their experience as a wolf.

They were snapped out of their trance-like state when someone threw them both clothes. They turned their heads, only to see that it was Elijah, "You've both been busy." He spoke up, causing a smile on Annikah's face.

"That was amazing." Annikah gushed, laughing happily, "Why don't I ever remember it being this amazing?"

"How long has it been?" Klaus asked Elijah, both he and Annikah standing up.

"Almost 2 days. Full moon came and went. The two of you remained a wolf," Elijah explained as Klaus placed his hand pants on.

Klaus continued dressed and Annikah did as well, Klaus and Elijah making sure to turn and give her some privacy, "I can change at will as Annikah does, then," He pointed out to his elder brother, "It's good to know. I remember every single kill."

"Yes, I've been cleaning up your little messes along the way," Elijah informed the duo, narrowing his eyes at Annikah, "Eighteen to exact, in Annikah's case."

"Just like old times, brother." Klaus grinned, but Elijah in no way found his remark amusing.

"The two of you have had your fun. I believe we have a bargain." Elijah reminded his younger brother and Annikah in a stern tone.

"That's right. Now, what was it again?" Klaus asked in a mocking tone, turning to face Annikah instead of Elijah, "Oh, yeah. Wait. I remember. That's it. He wishes to be reunited with our family."

"You gave me your word, Niklaus." Elijah reminded his brother in a stern tone.

"What kind of brother would break his bond?" Klaus responded and as he placed his shirt on, he turned to look at Elijah, "Even though you did try to kill me."

"I could have," Elijah pointed out as he helped Klaus put on his jacket, "But I didn't."

"And now no one can, not even you," Klaus informed him lowly as he turned to face Elijah, only to notice the look on his elder brother's face, "Relax, Elijah. All is forgiven."

"Where are they?" Elijah questioned, glancing between Klaus and Annikah, who had just placed her shirt and pants on.

Annikah smiled, patting Elijah on the back as she stood beside Klaus, "You need to lighten up, 'Lijah. We will bring you to them soon enough. You will be reunited with our family. I give you my word."