13

ACHILLES' HEEL
— 13. Treachery

 Treachery

    The day after Rebekah had been undaggered, she had forced Klaus to take her shopping for clothes for her to wear that weren't the ones that she was wearing when she was undaggered.

While Rebekah was trying on dresses, Annikah took the time to find some for herself as well. Klaus and Stefan sat just outside the dressing room, drinking champagne.

"There has to be more to this dress," Rebekah complained, causing Klaus to roll his eyes.

"There's not," Klaus answered and sighed in annoyance.

"He's right," Annikah agreed with Klaus from her own dressing room.

  "Of course he is," Rebekah complained in an aggravated tone, "You think everything he says is right. It isn't surprising to me that I've been daggered ninety-years and still nothing has changed between you two. You're both still taking pleasure in making everyone's else lives miserable around you."

"Instead of complaining, perhaps you should just come out here and show us the bloody dress, Rebekah," Klaus spoke up as he grew impatient with his younger sister.

  After a few moments, Rebekah finally walked out, wearing an annoyed expression. "So women in the twenty-first-century dress like prostitutes, then," She complained.

"No, we simply wear whatever we want and to hell with what society thinks of us," Annikah explained as she walked out of her dressing room, wearing a skirt and a black blouse.

  She smiled, her eyes remaining on Klaus, who smiled back at her as she spun in a circle to show him what she wore.

"You know, Annikah and I used to get dirty looks for wearing trousers," Rebekah pointed out, causing Klaus to sigh in frustration as he turned his attention back toward his sister instead of Annikah.

"Do not include me in this. They knew better than to give me dirty looks," Annikah remarked, changing an amused smirk with Klaus, "Nik made sure of that."

"You and Annikah wore trousers so women today could wear nothing," Klaus pointed out, knowing if he didn't say something now, Rebekah would continue to complain and he didn't feel like spending his entire day at the boutique.

Despite that, she continued to complain, much to Klaus and Annikah's annoyance. "And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident."

"It's dance music," Stefan spoke up, which relieved Klaus and Annikah of their torture.

Annikah smiled, walking over to Klaus. She took a seat beside him. He wrapped an arm around her and Annikah paid no mind to it as she looked down at the bottle of champagne in his hand.

She smirked mischievously as she took the bottle from his hand. Klaus opened his mouth to protest, but Annikah ended up placing her index finger over his mouth. "Ah," She remarked, smiling at him playfully as she took a large sip of the bottle.