11

ACHILLES' HEEL
— 11. Secrets and Lies

After leaving Gloria's Bar, the whole way back to the warehouse, Stefan continuously asked Klaus and Annikah questions about how the hell there was a picture of Stefan with Klaus from the twenties

"This doesn't make any sense," Stefan complained, continuing to follow after Klaus and Annikah, "Why don't I remember you?"

"You said it yourself, that time had a lot of dark holes," Klaus answered in a calm tone, exchanging a brief glance with Annikah.

"No, if you knew me, then why haven't you said anything?" Stefan argued in a frustrated tone.

"If you haven't noticed already, Stefan, we're a little busy right now," Annikah complained, giving Stefan an annoyed look, "Memory Lane will have to wait."

Before Annikah could react, Stefan roughly grabbed her by the arm, which forced her to turn to face him.

"What the hell is going on?" Stefan asked, desperate to know the truth, "Answer me."

Annikah glanced down at the tight grip Stefan had on her arm while Stefan's eyes were fixed on Klaus, who gave him a warning look.

Stefan sighed in defeat, reluctantly letting go of her arm since he had no clue how Klaus would react.

"Let's just say the three of us didn't get off to brilliant start," Klaus answered, smirking slightly, "To be honest, I hated you, even more than Annikah did."

Chicago, 1922

In Gloria's Bar, Stefan was drinking blood from a random woman named Lyla when Rebekah joined in, sinking her teeth into the other side of the woman's neck.

After feeding on the woman for quite a whole, they pulled away and turned to each other instead. They wasted no time leaning forward, kissing each other hungrily and passionately.

At another end of the bar, Annikah was dancing with a random man. The man spun her and she ended up colliding chests with Klaus.

Her eyes widened suddenly, only to have a large smile form on her lips at the sight of Klaus. "Nik," She greeted him, trying to contain her smile.

"My love," He responded, the two of them beginning to dance to the slow jazz song together, "Shouldn't you be with Rebekah?"

"She's ditched me once again for that Salvatore vampire," Annikah admitted, a disappointed look on her face.

"From the way you always speak of him, I dare say you hate him more than you've ever hated anyone else," Klaus commented, spinning Annikah around, "Perhaps you're envious."