18

ACHILLES' HEEL
— 18. Rain Blood

 It was morning time and Annikah found herself standing beside Klaus in front of Rebekah's coffin

It was morning time and Annikah found herself standing beside Klaus in front of Rebekah's coffin. She watched as Klaus sighed, staring down at his sister's body with a saddened look on his face. "Sweet dreams, Rebekah," He spoke softly turning to one of his hybrids, Mindy, "Show her to her room, would you, love?"

"Sure," Mindy replied, wheeling the coffin away without another word said.

Feeling a presence, Annikah turned and frowned to see Stefan leaning against the doorframe.

"I'm surprised you're still in town," Klaus spoke up in a calm tone, "We gave you your freedom, you could have gone anywhere."

"I live here, Klaus," Stefan replied in an almost taunting tone.

"Well, if we're playing this game, then..." Klaus trailed off and began to grin, "Annikah and I were here first."

"You know, I don't like your hybrid friends. They're everywhere, kind of like fleas," Stefan complained, causing Annikah to smirk in amusement, "I want them gone."

"Is that so?" She asked, taking a step toward Stefan.

"Yeah, well I kind of like having them around," Klaus admitted and Annikah smirked, nodding her head.

"As do I," She replied, beginning to smile as she shared a look with Klaus, "They're not that bad, once you get used to them."

   "You know, I'm hurt," Klaus spoke up, turning to look back at Stefan, "I hoped that when I freed you, we'd pick up where we left off. But here you are, guzzling vervain like the rest of them, I'm sure. So much for friendship."

"Friends don't strip friends of their free will," Stefan complained and Annikah rolled her eyes.

"Okay, granted, yeah, that was a little extreme, but I get a little moody. Annikah and I tend to have that in common. Just ask my siblings," Klaus explained, a mischievous smile on his face.

"Speaking of which, isn't it time you handed them over?" Annikah suddenly asked as she began to glare at Stefan, who took a threatening step toward her.

"Annikah, you and Klaus get your hybrids out of Mystic Falls or I will remove them myself," Stefan demanded in a low, threatening tone.

"Hmm. You see, if you continue to threaten us, we're gonna be forced to retaliate. Kill people," Klaus reminded him, a taunting look on his face, "And it will get messy again."

"Do whatever you want, I don't really care," Stefan encouraged them as he shrugged his shoulders, "Or you know what? Maybe I do. Maybe I care so much, that I'll drop Elijah in the Arctic."

"Well, maybe I'll be willing to lose one brother if it meant killing yours," Klaus replied, smiling slightly.

"Try me, let's find out," Stefan told him, causing Klaus and Annikah to laugh in amusement.