14

ACHILLES' HEEL
— 14. Senior Prank Night

 Senior Prank Night

  At Mystic Falls High School, Elena Gilbert was smiling as she walked through the double doors in the hallway, only to become horrified as she collided chests with Annikah, of all people, with Klaus standing beside her.

"There's our girl," Klaus commented and Elena gasped in horror.

"Klaus! Annikah!" She exclaimed, her eyes widening in alarm.

Elena turned, on the verge of running when Annikah appeared in front of her with Klaus standing behind the doppelganger, leaving her trapped. "We're the most powerful beings alive, did you really think it would be that easy to run from us, love?" Annikah asked Elena, smiling at her threateningly as she took a step toward her, "You're supposed to be dead. So what are we to do about that?"

Elena cried softly and Annikah turned to Klaus, the two of them exchanging a sadistic look.

______

Moments later, Klaus had a tight grip on Elena's arm as he and Annikah walked through the halls of the high school together. "You know, you put quite the kink in our plans, love," She complained as she gave Elena a taunting look.

"She's right. The whole point in breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids," Klaus explained, adding into what Annikah had said, "We haven't been able to do that. Now our bet is, it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing. Is that about right, Annikah?"

"It is entirely right, Klaus," Annikah replied, the two of them clearly just trying to taunt Elena.

"If the two of you are going to kill me, just do it!" Elena managed to get out as she glared at the duo.

"Not until we know we're right," Klaus argued with a grin on his face, "But we do have ways of making you suffer. You have Annikah to thank for that. She has quite the sadistic mind, if it isn't obvious."

"Last I heard, you rather adored this sadistic mind of mine," Annikah commented, earning a playful eye roll from Klaus.

The group of three entered the gym and Annikah glanced around, finding numerous teenagers doing pointless tasks as forms of pranks on the faculty that worked at the school.

"Attention, seniors," Klaus began to speak in a loud tone, using his best American accent, "You have officially been busted. Prank night is over. Head on home."

The high school students groaned, but immediately stood up and began to head toward the exit.

Klaus glanced around, only to lock eyes on a certain couple. "You two," He called out, causing the duo to turn to him, "I remember you."