Chapter ONE

"Eunwoo! Scan these for me, and make it quick, please!"
"Of course, Lieutenant."

Files upon files were dropped down onto his already messy desk.
His little light whirred into action, sluggishly changing colour - from green, yellow, and then back to a faint white.

"200 files in total. 80% of said files hold information about drug dealings that happened in the past month, while the remaining 20% is hybrids going on a rampage and disturbance of wildlife." He recited, looking up at the police officer above him.

"Thank you, what on earth would I do without you" He sighed, gathering the files and dropping them onto his desk.
"You have many possibilities to move comfortably around without me, statistics say that 76% of adult betas-"

"That's enough, thank you." He ushered him, and Eunwoo stopped.
"Glad to help, Mr Park"

Eunwoo looked around, the light in him turning into an orange colour when he inspected the room around him.

His sensors picked up movement and he perked up, mechanical ears also pricking up, sound sensors ready to listen from a distance if needed.

"Hey Jinwoo. Any news on the AP679 case?" The rough voice sounded, holding a cup of what seemed like coffee.

"AP679?-"
"AP679 is an ongoing, 4 week case that was opened around 1 week ago. It involves a sex star being assaulted in a club, at 9:23pm approximately. Murderer is unknown." Eunwoo said, almost as if he was reading it off of something.

The two men there looked at him, bewildered before Jinwoo cast his eyes back to the newcomer.
"Actually, yes. Captain Kim has been sent on to find out who the assaulter is. No worries, this case should be closed in around a week or so with him on it" Jinwoo hummed, organising the folders into their appropriate spots.

"Understandable.. and You still have this piece of plastic here with you? What's it called? Jerry or something?" The man said.

"My name is Eunwoo" He informed, and quickly scanned the other man's face.
Moon Bin, 23 years old, Alpha. Manager of the secret analysis compartment.

"Right. Why do we still have him here? Can't a different department take him?" Moonbin asked nonchalantly, taking a sip of his drink as he glanced at the android there.

"No. I mean- unless someone actually does take him, he's stuck with us here. But don't be so harsh on him, he's a nice guy. Proved himself to be very useful on several occasions!" Jinwoo said positively, patting his shoulder.

"Don't care. You know I don't like robots, Jinwoo. Keep him working until there's steam pouring out of that stupid mouth of his" Moonbin hissed, and turned on his heel, leaving the room in an instance.

Jinwoo sighed.
"Don't mind him. Probably got up on the wrong side of the bed today. Anyway, Eunwoo? Would you mind getting me some coffee, too? I'm exhausted"

"Of course, lieutenant"

Eunwoo rose from his seat and headed into the kitchen, moving towards the coffee machines and quickly brewing the drink that the lieutenant asked for.
Suddenly, he picked up another conversation, ears twisting to get better access to hearing it.

"Absolutely fucking not!"
"It's only for a small while, sir! He's been specifically designed for these kinds of missions, it's no toughie for-"

"I don't give a single flying shit about that! I am not partnering up with someone who has screws instead of joints!"

This conversation made his light flicker several times, but he turned his attention back to the brewer, scooping the mug up and bringing it back to the room full of desks.