Chapter NINE

"5,000 dollars?!"

Myungjun stayed behind his boss, who was currently white in the face, struggling to hold in a laugh.

"Yes, sir. A mobility cable is a necessity in an android. Especially a prototype. A prototype detective model contains stronger cables, as they spend most of their time straining their legs during their job. Eunwoo is his creators favourite creation, and he demands that his cable be replaced immediately." The Lady explained, while Eunwoo sat in the back, some other androids at the ready with tools to fix him.

"I- this is straight up bullshit..." Mr.Bae mumbled, pulling out his card and scanning it, wincing at the total coming up and hearing a 'ding'.

"Thank you for your payment, the repair will last a total of 30 minutes. Make yourself comfortable on the seats over there."

The two went over to the seats and sat down, Mr.Bae on his phone.
Myungjun turned to him.
"How's it feel? Having to pay 5,000 dollars on one cable?" He teased.
"Myungjun, stop it."

"OK but question. Why would you hurt him?"

Mr.Bae looked at him.
"It's an android. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel anything. It's here to help you solve crimes and that's it." He growled.

Myungjun's eyebrows furrowed.
"If he's just here to help me solve crimes, then why did you order him to protect me?"
"Because I knew you'd start messing up with the scent blockers. You focused too much on your job, and you'd forget them."

The omega sat back against his chair, turning his gaze over to Eunwoo being fixed.
"But anyway-"

"No but anyway! You can't hurt him!" Myungjun snapped suddenly, Mr.Bae looking at him.
"Again, it doesn't-"

"Bullshit! Okay, yes! He can't feel pain, but he said he can simulate it. He also can overheat. He might not feel the same pain as us, but he feels pain a different way! He even told me that one of the programmes he had in him was too strenuous for him, but he did it anyway!"

Mr.Bae inhaled sharply, growling lowly, but he ignored what he said further on, not replying.
"Fucking.. I don't like him much either, but I don't go punching him for no reason. I might scare him a bit, but nothing else."

Mr.Bae ignored him again, but he was practically fuming with anger by this point.

30 minutes passed, and Eunwoo came out of the fixing room.
His light was flickering from white to blue, before it settled on white.
"There you are. You good? System working fine?" Myungjun asked, looking at the android.

"Yes. My software is running smoothly. I feel very good after the deep clean. I have also a new programme installed into me."
"What one?"
"Advanced reflexes and upgraded speed. I have also been granted increased strength."

"Awesome. Okay. Ready for some cases?" Myungjun asked again, getting up and stretching.
"Yes."

Mr.Bae got up, getting out a cigarette and going outside.
"C'mon.." Myungjun mumbled, leaving the building while Eunwoo followed.

"Don't you think you should apologise?"
Mr.Bae spun around, smoking.
"For what?"
"For.. fucking up his leg?"

"Not a chance. The 5,000 dollars I spent on the stupid machine should be enough."
"You only did that because you needed to though."

Mr.Bae growled lowly and Eunwoo saw Myungjun cower just a bit, his light whirring yellow.
"Why the hell are you getting so smart with me, all of a sudden? Are you forgetting I'm in the higher ups and can easily fire you?"