Chapter TWENTY ONE

The next morning, Eunwoo had been the first one to 'wake' up. His software had been uploading new programmes, which would most certainly come in useful on his next missions.
Emails upon emails came into his inbox, and they were all jobs that they had to do.

Most were about the mutated Alpha, while others were about some harassed wildlife activity.

-New paperwork in your office about the Alpha. Get to it.

He saw Myungjun out of the corner of his eye, already changed and everything - oh, he wasn't drunk anymore.
"Good morning, Captain."
Myungjun did a small nod, seemingly going over to the brewer to make himself coffee.

"Any new missions?"
"Yes, but our main one is paperwork at the station."
"Fucking paperwork again? This is gonna be such a boring day.."
Eunwoo got up, Kira jumping off of his lap.

"Would you like me to retrieve your mail?"
"Go for it."

Eunwoo nodded, and went over to the door, unlocking it and closing as soon as he was outside.
He went over to the mail box and pulled down the little flap, digging through all of the envelopes there - when he felt something weird.

He pulled it out, and it seemed like an USB.
His light flashed orange, before he grabbed the rest of the envelopes in there.
Closing the mail box again, he went back inside.

"Whatcha' got?"

He put them all on the counter.

"1% of your mail contain bills, 49% contains advertisements, and 50% is an USB."

Myungjun raised an eyebrow and put down his coffee.
"USB?"
"Yes."
He took it out of his pocket and held it out to him, Myungjun taking it.
"Do you know from who this is?"

Eunwoo shook his head.
"There is no fingerprints detected, neither was there the senders address."
"Do you think this shit will load in a virus into my computer?"

Eunwoo scanned it quickly.
"I do not see a threat in the USB. You may plug it into your device."

Myungjun went over to his computer and switched it on, bringing it over to the android and setting it on the counter.
"Alright, here goes nothing." He mumbled, and inserted the USB.

A message popped up on his screen, clicking the 'open' option.
His screen went black for a bit, before a video showed up.
He clicked the play button and put the volume up.

It started off with the angle facing down into the snow, with police sirens in the distance.
It shuddered and looked up.
They were in a car, presumably rolled over as everything was upside down.
There was purple liquid underneath them, and it was gushing out of their chest.

A hand was lifted to the injury, attempting to stop it from leaking.
The hand was withdrawn to see the liquid dripping off of it, another shudder racking the camera's vision.

They got up shakily, and started to seemingly crawl out of the destroyed car.
They fell down onto the ground when a shot rang out.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?!"

Eunwoo's light flashed yellow, and Myungjun saw.

The person point of view showed them backing away when a bloodied officer showed up from behind the car, a gun in his hand.
Eunwoo's light flashed red.

"What's up?"
"That's my old officer I worked with."
Myungjun's blood rushed cold, before he resumed the video. Something horrible was about to happen.

The gun was aimed at the camera person.
Something showed up on the screen.

-2 minutes left until shutdown.