Chapter TWELVE

"A'right"

Files were placed on Myungjun's and Eunwoo's desk.
"New case. But this one is gonna take up more than a month, and there's no finishing this early, unfortunately. "

Myungjun's eyebrows furrowed at the thought, picking up the files.

"Dangerous, lone Alpha in the wild? And why dangerous?"
"The investigators said that they saw it regenerate a wound that would take months to heal in less than a day."

The omegas eyes widened.
"Holy shit."

Eunwoo scanned the files, taking a photo of the picture of the Alpha.

"Yeah. Looks like trouble, if you ask me. A shit ton of paper work, too. That thing nearly stands at 3.4 feet."
"Fucking hell! That's insane-"

Eunwoo uploaded the photos onto the computer in front of him, analyzing them in more detail.
He could make out where it was taken, and at what time.
His light glowed orange.

"It's in a forest.. but it's out of this town." Eunwoo said, and the two cops turned to him.
"Aha.. so. You're telling me, we have to leave the town and go after this thing?" Myungjun asked, turning to his co-worker.

"Basically. But you'll be able to come back after you get atleast one picture taken today, and maybe some evidence that it's still alive. We need to learn where it stays at most, what areas it sleeps in, where it eats, shit like that. If we could even get a sample of it to investigate its blood it would be good too."

"Oh, look Eunwoo. A job for you - sampling stuff." Myungjun said, slight disgust on the tip of his tongue as he thought about one of the incidents.

Eunwoo's light flickered green, before it went back to white.
"Would you be able to go today?" The co-worker asked.

"Yeah yeah whatever. No biggie- just have to go fill up my fuel in my car. Do we like. Bring guns or?"
"Bring one just incase. It's strong. They saw it tear down a pack of wolves, that's something. "

"Alright. Come on, let's go." Myungjun got up, motioning for Eunwoo to come too, who immediately followed.

"Sometimes I genuinely forget there is wolves out there who live the way they are supposed to." Myungjun said out loud.

Eunwoo nodded along.

"It is quite a sight to see. A wolf in it's natural environment.." Eunwoo said.
"Yeah.."
Myungjun broke out of his train of thoughts and got into his car, Eunwoo doing the same.

He drove out of the parking lot, and went for the gas station, where he started to pump his car with fuel, letting Eunwoo stay in the car.
The android studied the car carefully, noticing some changes.

There was a few of the purple liquid bottles in the back, there also was what seemed like a small freezer - with a few ice packs inside. A cat bobble head was in the front of the car now and a small bowtie was perched near the bobble head.

Myungjun payed for the fuel, before coming back into the car and starting it up again.
Eunwoo saw him load up his gun, and slip it into his pocket, before they drove out of the gas station, Eunwoo acting as a GPS as Myungjun's one was broken.

It was a very long ride for some reason, with only Eunwoo sometimes saying what direction he had to turn.

".. Eunwoo. Sorry about leaving so suddenly yesterday."
Eunwoo turned to look at him.
"You need not apologize for that. I wasn't hurt." He said flatly, as if programmed to say that.

Myungjun grimaced at the tone a little.
"Uh.. can I. Ask you a question?"
"Yes, Captain?"

"I might've already asked you this, but I was drunk yesterday so. I wouldn't remember much but. What body are you on?"