Chapter SIXTEEN

Eunwoo hadn't heard from the Captain in days since the investigation.
He had been assigned to a new, temporary police officer who too, needed some assistance.

The only problem here was, is that the officer hated his guts.
He wasn't like Myungjun, no. This man would degrade Eunwoo for any minor mistake he did.
This guy was an Alpha like he was, so it was even harder to communicate with him at times.

Atleast omegas were rational - in a way unlike Alpha's were.

Currently, the two were on a mission, investigating a murder scene.
The officer that he had been assigned to had actually met him before. Park Minhyuk
He was only there as a guard and backup, but Eunwoo was allowed personally inside to the rooms to find evidence and reconstruct possible paths that could've happened.

Minhyuk glared at him when he went in, seemingly.. jealous?

Eunwoo ignored it for now and decided to start looking around for clues.
He spotted the body of the victim, Violently teared apart.

"It looks like he was axed in the neck. And then.. chopped up into pieces." An officer came up to him and said, shuddering slightly.
"I see. Do you happen to have the weapon of use on the premises?"

"Yes, we put it into the kitchen. You can go have a look at it if you like."
"I will do so. Thank you, officer."

Eunwoo went into the kitchen, seeing the axe. The first thing he spotted on it was a purple liquid that was far too thick to be water.
It oozed down the axe slowly as he swiped it up, identifying it.

Android involvement.

He saw that there was a trail of the purple liquid leading into the bathroom.
"Have you checked the bathroom?" Eunwoo asked the officer.
"Yep, we had an android in here earlier but they couldn't track all of the trail properly, so that's why we wanted you here."

Eunwoo nodded, and decided to go to the bathroom, opening the door and scanning it.
Before he could finish the whole room, he was pulled in and the door was locked.

His light flashed yellow as a hand was placed over his mouth.

"Please.. don't tell them I'm here.."

Eunwoo got out of the tight grasp, and whirled around to see an android - delta, presumably- cowering and shaking.

"You have to understand.."
"Understand what? You killed an innocent human being. You know that is against your programme?" Eunwoo said, light flickering yellow.

"Innocent? Innocent!"

The delta scoffed, and looked at him, light flashing red.

"He tortured me every day. I was nothing but a simple sex toy for him. He used me, and then when he got what he wanted, he threw me away into the washing room. He never gave me restoration liquid. He never tended to my damages.."

The delta looked desperate.. and.. scared.

"I want to be free. I didn't want him to live anymore. So I took his axe he used to chop wood with and.. and .. killed him. It felt good.. seeing his face twist in pain and suffering.. he knew what I felt. He got to feel pain. It was wonderful. I didn't want to percieved as an object no longer."

He suddenly grabbed Eunwoo by the shoulders.

"Don't you see? There's so many androids out there that are free or have a family. They are free. They are considered as normal, human wolves. They are accepted. They are loved. But us? We're just machines.. I'm a machine designed for human pleasure, and you're a machine designed to inflict pain and kill. So now."