Chapter FIVE

Myungjun woke up with a horrible headache.
However, he wasn't asleep on the floor or couch like he'd normally be after his drinking at the bar.
He was.. tucked away into a bed. What? When the hell did he do that?

Groaning at the pain pulsing through his head, he checked the clock and saw that it was 2:43am.
He sniffed the air, and he was on alert immediately when he could smell an unknown scent.

He got up carefully, and got out his bat, padding down his hallway quietly.
He couldn't hear anything, except his fan spinning.
He walked into the kitchen, seemingly hearing something in there, having his bat at the ready.

"Captain?"

Myungjun spun around and the bat collided with something.
On hearing a crackling noise, his stomach dropped and he, quite literally, dropped the bat.

Eunwoo's jaw looked misplaced, and part of his artificial skin was glitching. His light was flashing from orange to red.

"Shit- God, Eunwoo, I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean to whack that bat against you. Fuck! Are you okay?" He said, going up to him.

"I-I-I am okay" His voice glitched and cracked, "I-I need to re-restart my system"

"Yeah go for it. Is it bad?" He asked as Eunwoo sat down.
"I will review the damages, but I do not think that emergency repairs will be a necessary action. May I enter repair mode?"

"Fuck yeah, take as long as you need" He said, waving him off, rubbing his eyes, guilt coming from him in waves.

He didn't like the android. He appreciated the fact that he saved him yesterday and chased the guy away, but he didn't seem to have taken a liking to him yet.
But oh, he felt bad for this. The poor guy got slammed with a bat for no reason. And if there's some serious damage, he'll have to spend money on him.

And considering he's a prototype...

He growled at himself, before grabbing the bat and stuffing it into a closet and closing it.
He padded back carefully to see Eunwoo on the couch, eyes closed and the light shining a baby blue, pulsating slightly.

Myungjun grabbed his phone and dialled a number, before pressing call and holding the phone up to his ear.

"Myungjun? Do you know what time it is?"

"Yeah. Look, I need to ask you something. You know stuff about androids and shit, yeah?"

"Yeah? What's the problem?"

"What does.. a blue.. pulsating light mean on their chest" Myungjun asked curiously.

"Repair mode. Light blue or dark blue? Dark blue is serious damage and light blue is minor damage"

"Light blue, thank god"

"What happened?"

"I fucking- hit the damn thing with a bat and half of its face came off. Jaw super misplaced too"

He heard laughing through the phone, and he just gritted his teeth in annoyance.

"Did it anger you?"

"No. I just.. it came up behind me out of nowhere, okay? Anyway, how long will it take for it to repair itself?"

"If it's in the light blue region, max is 2 hours. If the light is pulsating along with that, 30 minutes"

"Thanks, sorry for waking you. Bye"

"No worries. Sleep well"

He hung up and put his phone down, rubbing his tired face.
Should he just leave him here to recover? That would be the most rational thing to do, right?