Chapter SEVEN

Several days passed with the new partners solving many cases that were too hard to crack for the other departments.

Eunwoo learned a lot about the Captain. He found out that he was allergic to cats (but he still owned one), that he didn't like broccoli, he had beef with his own boss before, and that he was afraid of heights.

Eunwoo had all these facts stored in his memory file, and he made sure not to delete them when he was clearing out cache.
However, no matter how hard he tried, the omega didn't seem to like him at all. Not even a tiny bit.

By this point, he'd usually ponder this when he was alone at his desk.
It was interesting, just simply sitting quietly and scrolling through his memory archive. Trying to figure out why the captain disliked him this much.

It didn't upset him. He couldn't exactly feel sadness, he didn't have it installed into his programme.
He doesn't remember much from before the time he came to the police department.

He only knew that he had a different partner before, and they died in an accident. He was presumably with him when he died, but he doesn't remember it at all.

Maybe his memory needed a restart after the accident. Who knows.

The clock struck 9pm, and Eunwoo noticed that Myungjun wasn't at his desk.
He was meant to be here 30 minutes ago, but he still hadn't stepped foot into the office.

He was about to get up, and look for him, since he had a ton of papers that needed to be filled out before the end of this week.
Myungjun had a thing for procrastinating, so Eunwoo usually encouraged him to get a go on some of the assessments he had to do. At these times, Myungjun usually snapped at him to leave him alone.

But before his instruction panel could load up the text 'Look for Captain Myungjun', His nose picked up a stench of copper - more so, blood.
He noticed a figure stumble in, blood dripping down them and their hood pulled up.

Scanning their face, he could only conclude that it was Myungjun.
He could also smell alcohol coming off of him in waves.

Tilting his head at him, Myungjun looked up and saw him.
"There you are, you plastic fuck.."

He stumbled over to him and fell into his seat, groaning and rubbing his face.
"Are you okay, Captain?"
"Do- Do I look o-okay?"

"My calculations seem negative when I analysed your health. You seem to be injured. You have been injured 20 mi‐"
"Shut. The fuck up. I know." Myungjun snarled, glaring at him.

Eunwoo nodded.
"My apologies. May I ask a question, Captain?"
"No."

He nodded again.
"Okay, I will not ask said question."
"God. Eunwoo I was joking. What?"

His light flickered orange.
"What happened?"

Myungjun grumbled something under his breath as he took off his hood.
"Some sick fuck at the bar fucking- uh. Hit me with bottles" He mumbled, picking out glass shards from his skin.

"That is a health emergency! Would you like me to call the medical department?"
"No! Don't call anyone" Myungjun growled.

"It would be beneficial for your hea-"
"I don't give a shit. What do you know about me? All of this happened before you were assigned here, too. It's nothing special."

Eunwoo blinked, light flickering from orange to yellow.
"But it is an emergency. You must be tended to immediately. You appear intoxicated, too."

Myungjun grabbed Eunwoo by the collar of his shirt, and pulled him in.
"Listen here. If I tell you a command, you obey me, you fucking machine. If I could, I'd have long thrown you into the junkyard where all the other fucked up machines go. So, understand?"