1: On The News

𝘖𝘯 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘕𝘦𝘸𝘴
(Arthur Fleck's POV)
Every night I walk home from my job working as a clown at the local circus. It was normally about midnight when my shift was over, so used that time to think about my life. I lived in a shitty apartment in a run down town, in the middle of nowhere, my foster mom had a delusional disorder so she was always pretty blank minded and just sat and watched tv all day and I have a neurological condition that was created in me, and caused me develop an uncontrollable laughter which in unsuitable moments I would nearly choke. One night after I got home I made myself a TV dinner and went into my moms room to watch tv with her, our favorite show to watch was The Moray Show, I always dreamed of being a guest on that show. That same night when me and my mom, Penny were watching The Moray Show we fell asleep and I woke up in the middle of the night, The Moray Show was over and it was playing the Gotham City news on the news the reporters were talking about a villain they called The Joker, they said that he had robbed a bank and killed several people in the mob. They showed a picture of him, he wore clown makeup like I did, but it was some kind of cover up for something way deeper. My mom woke up so I quickly shut off the tv and went back to sleep. I woke the next morning and headed out the door for my job, my boss gave me a different job for today, he said that we weren't getting enough business so he sent me out to spin a sign at the front of the store to get more people to come and watch the show. A few hours after I had been spinning the sign three guys came over to me and started making fun of me "Hey guys check out this freak, Why is he wearing clown makeup?" They then knocked the sign out of my hands and started kicking and punching me. I tried to fight back but I was too weak, so I went back inside and sat back at my makeup desk to reapply my makeup. As I was painting the white back on my tongue that was when I decided I wasn't going be weak, or let people walk all over me anymore.
________________________________________________
Thank you for reading Chapter 1 of Bad Boys! New chapters every week or so! Please recommend this to your friends! Next chapter sneak peak( Arthur starts watching the news every night and starts to develop feelings for Joker.)