11: Shoot Your Shot

Shoot Your Shot
(Jack's POV)
            "Arthur baby, are you okay?" I said while holding Arthur in my arms, compressing his chest and letting out the most tears I had ever let go in my entire life. It all happened so fast I couldn't make out the face of Arthur's shooter. But I knew that I would find him one day, I couldn't and wouldn't let anyone who hurt Arthur get away. I didn't know what to do at that point, I couldn't drive Arthur to the hospital because the GCPD was after the both of us, and I didn't know how to help him. I carried Arthur back inside, and laid him on his bed, still pondering what I could do to help him, I couldn't let him die. After only a few minutes of hesitation, I picked up the phone and called one of my mates who had just gotten out of prison and who also used to be a doctor. He got to Arthur's house in a half of an hour, I let ...him in as soon as he stepped onto the porch, quickly told him what had happened and showed him to the room. He examined Arthur for an hour, then stitched him up and said "He's going to be okay, it just nearly hit his heart. He's very lucky, he could have died tonight." I instantly started to cry as soon as he left, I couldn't believe that I actually could have lost Arthur tonight. I held him in my arms all night long still shocked by everything that had happened. When I woke up the next morning Arthur was still just lying on the bed motionless, I didn't expect him to be jumping up and down right about now but I thought he might have opened his eyes for just a glimpse, but no. All this stress was bringing back my childhood anxiety, I didn't what to do, think, or even feel. It had now been two days since Arthur's shooting and he had still not opened his eyes, I was so mad, that night I took Wild Card out for a drive. I drove around the city with a murderous look on my face, and as I was driving I stuck my head out the window and shook my head in the breeze while laughing and smiling. I drove to the ocean where I saw two ferries being boarded one by fugitives, criminals, and murders, and the other with innocent civilians heading back from vacation. I decided to place a bomb in both ferries, and leave a pre-recorded message to all the people on board. "Good evening ladies and gentleman, I left a present on each of your boats, each of you have the detonator the other boat's bomb, if one of you chooses to blow the other boat up, I'll let that boat live if however, nobody pushes the detonator I'll blow you all up at midnight. So who's it gonna be, Gotham's sweet and innocent civilians, or the most wanted scumbag collection? Oh, and you might want to choose fast because the people on the other boat may not be so noble." I quickly cut out the message leaving everyone on the boats filled with the same worry I felt for Arthur. I was hiding up in the Gotham security tower, while I was waiting for the people to decide I was working on trying to find the scumbag that shot my love. I went back and watched hours of footage from two nights ago to see if I could find anything on who the dead man was. About thirty minutes from midnight I finally found him! It was a man named Wiley Barsha, although it didn't matter his name because he was as good as dead after I blew up the ferries of course. It was exactly two minutes before midnight, neither of the boats had blown the other up yet "You can't rely on anyone these days, you gotta do everything yourself." I said while grabbing the detonator to blow up the boats. The clock stroke midnight and I were about to hit the detonator when Batman swooped in and knocked the detonator out of my hand, then threw me off the roof. As I was falling I was letting out laughs that sounded like demons, loving every second of the fall because I knew that I wouldn't be falling to my death, I knew that Batman needed me, because without me he would be nothing. After a few minutes of falling, Batman hooked me by the fabric of my pants and hoisted me back up. By the time I got all the way up, Batman was gone and the police surrounded me. They put me in a straight jacket and drove me to prison. Normally I would be devising a plan to get out right away and fighting the police back but all I could think about was Arthur.
___________________________________________
Thank you so much for reading Chapter 11 of Bad Boys! New chapters coming soon and news stories are on the way! Much love - TALLULAH <3