13: Finding One's Self

Finding One's Self
  (Arthur POV)
Being alone all this time made me think very deeply about anything and everything I've done in my life. I've been a nobody my entire life, nobody has ever truly love me until now, and I was a worthless piece shit that nobody even cared to notice, or so I thought. Nobody ever cares about the little guys, they just walk all over us. Nobody's civil anymore, nobody knows what it's like to be the other guy. It's like they expect us to just sit there and take it like good little boys and don't think twice that we might werewolf and go wild. Well I was done being the little guy, I don't want to sit on the side lines anymore and be this weak little Arthur everyone can pick on. At that moment I envied Jack more than ever. I wanted so deeply to have a different persona I could hid behind, something that people would be scared of and not laugh at. People always treated me like the main act at a circus, the laughed, and scoffed, the only thing I could hear from people's voices constantly screaming at me was "freak" That word buried in my brain and stuck with me for as long as I could remember, it weighed me down like a burden until, until I met Jack.
(Jack's POV)
After I slit the man's throat I spat on his lifeless, motionless body, and kicked with my shoe which had a small but sharp knife build into the tip. I got in the subway and took it back near Arthur's house. Before I went all the way home, I changed my shirt and washed my hands which had stained blood on them. After I cleaned myself, and prepared to see Arthur's limp body once again. I went into the house and instantly I heard the tv playing quietly from Arthur's room. I instantly ran into the room to see if he was awake, and there I saw him sitting on the edge of the bed painting his tongue with white paint. I walked closer to him and saw his face was painted white, his eyes were pained blue, and his eyebrows painted red to match his lips. I sat down on the bed with him and asked "What happened, are you okay?" I said in a very confused tone. I hadn't never seen him act like this, I thought to myself maybe the stress from his wound was making him go insane? Then again who was I to judge, I cut a Glasgow Smile into my face when I was ten.
                             (Arthur's POV)
            "I'm sick and tired living in fear, while constantly getting spat on, thrown away and forgotten like I'm a piece of gum on the streets of New York City. I'm tired of people calling me freak and treating me like I don't have something to offer. People are scum and I fucking hate them!" I grew madder and madder every second as I felt my anger grow a thought started to brew in my mind. "All my life people treated me like a joke, my life has been nothing but a comedy! If that's what the people want, a comedian, a 'joke' then that's what the people will get." I grabbed my head while jerking my head back on the bed, which pulled some of the stitches out of my chest, I leaned up, ripped my wrap off and started wiping my blood all over my face to make a smile like Jack's. "This is what you get when you cross a mentally ill loner with a society that abandons him and treats him like trash! "Hey Jack, next time we are crashing one of Bruce Wayne's parties, can you introduce me as Joker?"
___________________________________________
Thank you for reading Chapter 13 of Bad Boys! New chapters coming soon and more stories on the way! Much love - TALLULAH <3