Confrontation

"Kiyotaka, is it just me, or are the people around here are surveilling us?"

Akito said while looking around the cafe.

It is true that the people around the cafe were looking at us. Well, not exactly at all of us though.

"They are all third years. aren't they?"

Sipping his drink Keisei solemnly nodded. 

Right now, there were many students from across the grade in this cafe and we were being watched. And the ones who were surveilling us were the third years. Some students who were looking here were only because of the easy-to-see situation that the third years were looking towards the table where we were seated.

Haruka finished munching her chocolate and spoke after clearing her throat. "It's more like they are not keeping tabs on us but just one person. Aren't I right, Kiyopon?"

She directed her gaze at me and the others wide-eyed me.

"Huh? Me?"

"Don't try to act as if you don't know. I have been watching you for few days but wherever you go you are tailed by at least a few third years. And it has been like this since the island exam ended. What did you do, Kiyopon?"

Haruka was certain that she wasn't mistaken here. Anybody, if they paid some attention, will be able to deduce as much. But she had also said that she had noticed it since after the end of the island test.

She has been observing since then? I was impressed actually. 

While I was thinking of an excuse, I sensed someone walking up to me. He dragged a chair from the nearby table and sat beside me. "Yo, Ayanokoji. How's school going?"

"The Student Council President?!" Keisei couldn't help himself from screaming. Nagumo didn't even glance at him.

"Why aren't you responding? It's a bit harsh you know?" He let out a cynical smile. "Well, even if you don't tell me, I know that it must be hard getting around when there are so many eyes watching you."

"If you know then why bother asking? And I will like it if you stopped this now. It must be hard for the third years as well."

I outright told him to stop ordering the third-year students to keep watch on me.

"Well, aren't you straightforward?" He got up from his seat and stretched his body. "Ayanokoji, you are going to pay for that. If not for you, I would have definitely snatched the first place. But you had to put your nose into it."

"Aren't you the one who put your nose into my business?"

His smile vanished from his face and his brows furrowed. "You are gonna regret this. I will crush you and wipe that disgustingly calm look from your face. Prepare yourself."

Before leaving, he took a good look at the rest of the members spread around the table and couldn't suppress his evil grin.

"So, what had you done, Kiyopon?"

"During the final day of the test, both he and I were in the same area and we undertook the same task. And I defeated him on that. That's why he is getting frustrated."

A half-assed lie. But I also couldn't tell them the truth.

"What was the Task?"

"Solving math problems."

"I see."

They knew that I was good at maths. So, it must have sounded reasonable to Keisei and the others. Except for one.

Haruka was still looking at me and gauging me. 

"It seems like Kiyopn is in for some trouble." Fortunately, she didn't pursue that any further.

"Y-Yeah." Akito said.

Airi also meekly said while also slightly anxious. "I-I am worried about, Kiyotaka-kun."

It was a declaration of war from him. He just announced that he would be confronting me.

I had known that this day would definitely come. 

If he were to just go after me then it would be fine and all but...

I remembered the evil grin spread across his face when he eyed the rest of my friends. 

Miyabi Nagumo was a prideful man. But he wouldn't hesitate to resort to cheap and dirty tricks as long as it brought him victory.

But...

If he involves my friends, then he is definitely going to pay for that.

And I will see to it that it won't be as simple as just an expulsion.

Note:

I wanna thank you all for sticking around and I am happy to announce that each SS I have written till now, all have 1K+ views. Thank you all!

And also read my novel for the MyAnimeList(MAL)XHoneyfeed novel writing contest! React, comment and share as much as possible!! Your support is more than necessary!!!

Link: https://www.honeyfeed.fm/search/novel_title?k=online+love