Destiny knocks on the door

"Oye, Ayanokoji-kun!"

I saw his retreating back and called out to him. He turned to look at me in his usual disinterested look. Agh, come on, show some reaction when a beautiful senior like me calls out to you!

If it had been a year before, I would have said something like he being boring. No, I definitely had said something like that and yeah, I had thought he was a pervert as well. That was only because of my misunderstanding and had also apologized to him.

But for some reason, his disinterested reaction piqued my interest.

With my lips curving into a small smile I approached him, "How are you faring, Ayanokoji-kun? Must be pretty bothersome, right?"

"I am doing fine. What about you, Asahina-senpai?"

He easily glossed over the subject at hand. It seemed so natural that would make people think he really didn't understand my implications. However, I knew just what sort of man he was.

"Come on, don't dodge the question. It must be pretty difficult to move around when there are so many watchful eyes on you. Miyabi seems to be pretty pissed with you."

I decided to dive into the heart of the matter.

Although I didn't know the exact details, I had heard that he was the reason why Miyabi hadn't been able to get the first place.

"Well, it is pretty difficult as you said. I don't want to stay under their gazes for long so I would like to get back to my room."

He expressed his desire to return back to the dorms as soon as possible.

"I do get that but you have been quite the topic of gossip recently among the third-year girls, you know?"

"Why are the third years gossiping about the affair of some second-grade students?" He looked exasperated or so I wanted him to sound but his voice come practically in a monotone.

"It's because it is about you. You are aware, no?"

"Yes, I am. Though that doesn't help."

"But I never thought it would be Karuizawa-san. I was sure if you were to date someone it would be Honami."

"Is that so?"

He didn't look particularly surprised.

I was sure that he had noticed what sort of feelings Honami harbored for him. She must be pretty broken right now. 

I personally shipped the two of them.

Moreover, two people from enemy classes dating each other surely would have raised quite a fuss in the school.

Just imagine, the two of them being from the enemy classes, receiving all sorts of negative opinions and oppositions from their respective classes. And despite them, the two of them struggling and fighting for their love against all the odds; how thrilling that would have been.

 I had run numerous simulations through my head already and he just had to go ahead ruin my plans. Unforgivable, Ayanokoji-kun! How dare you make such an innocent girl cry! 

I scolded him harshly inside my head.

He looked like he wanted to return fast to his room so I decided to wrap up our discussions as well.

"Ayanokoji-kun, if you need any kind of help regarding this case, you can rely on me, okay?"

I winked at him.

"About what?"

"About Miyabi's case!"

"I see. I will take that into consideration."

He neither accepted nor rejected my offer. It was almost as if I was a tool. I would be kept in the box of tools until my use was needed. Convenient for him. But I didn't really dislike it or anything. If anything it proved that I would have some sort of use to him.

"If you want to say anything to Miyabi I can also act as a messenger. You have any right now?"

He looked like he was thinking something and spoke. His voice was lowered a bit than in his earlier conversations.

"If he tries to harm Kei in any way then I would have him pay dearly. That's about it."

"Ooh! How bold!" I couldn't help but cackle. "I understand. I shall pass that to him."

"Please excuse me."

He sauntered towards the dorm.

I had first thought of him as a pitiful boy who had caught Miyabi's attention. I felt kinda bad for him and gave him some information to help him however slightly possible. But I have come to know that that was not the case. He was an exceptional student. I have come to believe that.

Watching his figure becoming distant, I touched the amulet in my hair.

It was through this amulet that I had first come across this boy. In other words, it was destiny that made me cross paths with him. I truly felt that it was destiny that I met with him.

It feels like the important reason why I had met him draws closer.

In this battle against Miyabi, I think I have a very important role to play. 

Yes, it was destiny that I met Ayanokoji Kiyotaka and the fateful day draws closer.