three

☆:+*.+☆彡 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

"i'm leaving now!" aurelia yelled out before bolting out of her house, on her way to sarah's boat

"i'm leaving now!" aurelia yelled out before bolting out of her house, on her way to sarah's boat. the two had planned to hang out with each other for the rest of the morning.

"wait! aurelia clark wait!"

aurelia's eyes closed in annoyance as her mother's voice rang in her ears. she turned around and headed back in her house, her mother watering one of the many plants in their kitchen.

"yes?"

"you coming to help the smoothie shack later? i'll need the help."

"of course i will mum," aurelia genuinely enjoyed helping out at the smoothie shack, she liked the vibe and the sun shining onto her as she took orders from the lovely people of the obx. and not to mention the lovely visits from rafe she got all the time. aurelia placed a kiss on her mother's cheek before turning to leave again.

"not so fast."

aurelia let out a groan.

"mum, sarah's waiting-"

"what's this i'm hearing about a gun getting pulled out during a party last night?" krystal placed the watering can down on the bench, staring at aurelia for an explanation.

"look i don't even know what happened, it all happened so fast i wasn't even there to see." aurelia's mother was always quite protective of her. she wanted aurelia to have fun but at the same time keeping safe, not hanging with the wrong people and not getting into any fights. her father on the other hand couldn't care less. as long as she wasn't tarnishing the clark name, he was all good with what she did.

she basically just had one overly emotional parent and one emotionally detached parent. at least it was balanced.

"alright as long it wasn't any of your friends i'm good, it was a pogue i presume?"

aurelia's eyes closed at the accusation. she hated the way her parents thought of the pogues and people who lived on the cut, and she dreaded telling her that it was actually a pogue who had a gun. it only fed her stereotypes and prejudice even more.

she nodded slowly.

"told you. never get involved with those types of people." krystal said with her eyebrows raised.

and with that aurelia left hastily.

"so what exactly did happen at the beach?" aurelia asked while she applied sunscreen to her body. sarah and aurelia were perched on ward cameron's boat, soaking in the warm sun.

"jj tried offering me a drink and topper got defensive and one thing led to another.. john b and topper started beating the shit out of each other."

"so when did the gun get involved?"

"i don't even know, jj just pulled it out of nowhere and put it to topper's head."

aurelia couldn't believe that she missed the entire thing, and she couldn't stop thinking where the hell did jj get that gun from. she vaguely knew about jj's dad and how he was a very scary adult but she didn't know in-depth detail about his life and family. to think of it, aurelia has never seen jj actually with his dad. but it was none of her business.

"oh."

"that jj dude is a scary person man," she paused. "i'm just gonna go get us some drinks."

sarah left down the stairs but was taking a tad bit too long so aurelia made her way down to check on what was taking her so long.

"yo, sarah what the fuck is taking- oh." she had just walked into john b and sarah seemingly discussing something quite passionately.

"johnny," aurelia said, acknowledging his presence.

"what brings you to figure eight?" her eyes looked down to john b's hands," with scuba tanks.."

john b sighed for what it seemed like the fiftieth time that day, "i'm just going to top them off, will you kooks stop assuming that i'm stealing whatever expensive item touch?"

"damn sorry john b, guess i hit a soft spot there." she chuckled.

"look sarah i gotta go, i'm doing a shift at the smoothie shack but make sure to come by!" aurelia left sarah and john b to their conversation and went to the smoothie shack.

the sky was painted a beautiful pink and aurelia was in the final minutes of her shift. she was wiping down some tables when a sudden loud tap on the window gave her a fright. rafe was outside, wearing a white polo shirt & hair gelled back. aurelia motioned for him to come in, a smile covering her face.

"could i order 5 minutes with my girlfriend?"

"haha very funny, but yes you certainly can." she smiled back.

rafe placed a kiss on aurelia's lips but she pulled away before they could escalate any further.

"rafe i need to talk with you about something."

he rolled his head back like a child,

"if this is about the motorcycle money, i have it under control! i can't handle people pestering me about it anymore."

aurelia placed her hand on top of his.

"rafe was not going to ask about that but i will be talking to you about that later." she scrunched her nose in annoyance.

"but i wanted to talk to you about your, well your drug use."

"my what?" rafe said, getting riled up.

"rafe, you can't be doing hard drugs. we've already talked about this,"

"oh my god we can't be having this conversation right now, and don't act all tall and mighty as if you don't vape and smoke weed all the goddamn time." rafe put his hands to his temples, trying to calm himself down.

"are you fucking deaf? i said hard drugs, don't even try to compare vaping to literal cocaine."

"you know what? i don't have time for this, i have better things to be doing than proving myself to my girlfriend who likes to act like my mother." rafe stormed out of the place, hands clenched and face red.

aurelia slammed her head against the table, very stressed from the conversation. how the hell was she supposed to make up with rafe after this. they've gotten into many arguments before, most of them about rafe's immature behaviour and questionable life choices but she has managed to deal with it and they were strong. however, she's eventually grown so tired of the constant repetitive arguing that it has slowly started to overshadow the love she had for him.

"so i guess right now isn't a good time?"