nine

☆:+*.+☆彡゚ 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

"you all good?" rafe's arms were wrapped around aurelia as the two laid with each other on his bed

"you all good?" rafe's arms were wrapped around aurelia as the two laid with each other on his bed. aurelia hummed back as they absorbed the moment together. 

"i don't want you to leave," rafe said. 

there was a long silence after his words, aurelia had a solemn look on his face. 

"but i might have to if things keep going this way." 

aurelia slipped on her bikini before braiding the front sections of her hair. she was to put it one way, confused. she didn't know if she wanted to be with rafe anymore. but she didn't have the guts to break rafe's, poor heart. she knew all the shit he's gone through. all his insecurities about not being the good son. he just wanted to make his father proud but he just found it so hard. so she decided for the meanwhile, she'll just stay with him.

"you look good lia," rafe commented before dragging her out of the house. they hopped onto rafe's new boat. a malibu 24-MXZ, one of the best boats you could ever buy. 

"new boat?" 

"only for you baby," rafe placed a kiss on top of her head before turning on the gears for a ride along the lake. 

aurelia didn't even want to think about where or how he got he got the money to pay for the boat. they had just gotten over their fight about the drugs she didn't have the energy to get into another one of rafe's problems. 

they started to glide among the water, passing all of the other very wealthy families in figure 8. aurelia placed her towel down on the boat to tan for a while in the sun as rafe started to chat with some of the people passing by. it gave her time to think about the gold, and where the hell the pogues were right now. i guess the universe was listening to her thoughts because she then heard some familiar voices. 

"jesus, how many of those boats can they afford?" 

aurelia's head popped up at the comment, seeing the 4 pogues hanging out on their boat. she moved her sunglasses up to her forehead, waving at the passing pogues. 

"aurelia!" kiara called out, unfortunately catching the attention of rafe who was shooting daggers at jj's head. 

"nice boat," jj said with a condescending tone. 

"i'll see you guys later," she leaned over to them, making sure that they could hear. they nodded before rafe pulled aurelia back by the waist and kissing her deeply. what she didn't see was rafe and jj glaring at each other while they did so. aurelia pulled away, stunned by the sudden movement but before she could question it rafe sped away. 

"hey what was that?" aurelia asked, grabbing rafes face towards her. 

"let's go for a swim, shall we?" rafe said before picking up aurelia and jumping into the cool water.

the rest of aurelia's day was spent with rafe and working hard at the smoothie shack. aurelia was informed there was going to be a kook party tonight but she already told the pogues that she would hang out with them tonight so she had to turn her kook friends down.  

"i am here, i am here and i come bearing gifts!" aurelia announced as she entered the wreck. john b shot her a text on where they were and that she had a lot to catch up on and aurelia had lots and lots of leftover beer from past parties. 

"yes! hand over the goodies!" jj called out from the corner in which the three boys were huddled. aurelia scanned the restaurant, searching for kie. kie was in a discussion with her dad, which seemed to be a bit heated. 

"what's kie doing?" aurelia walked over to the boys, handing the bags to jj's extended hand. 

"god bless the kook princess." 

kiara's dad looked over to the pogues sceptically, all of them giving him a nervous smile. jj of course throwing over a peace sign. kiara's dad sighed in what it looked like defeat before saying something to kiara. she jumped up and down excitedly before giving her dad a hug and signalling for us to sit down. seeing kiara with her dad struck something within aurelia. she missed her dad, he was always locked in his office or travelling around for business. her mum usually tagged along with her dad when he went on his business trips. quality time they always said. but they never bothered to invite her. 

kiara came over with bowls of fish and chips and all the above.

"thank god i'm starving." the boys basically pounced on the food, scoffing it down quick. the wreck looked dreamlike, the pretty fairy lights lit up with nice music playing in the background. the restaurant was basically empty, as it was near closing time. as they devoured their food and beer, they started to fill aurelia on everything she had missed out on. from the dude at the lighthouse, getting chased by the square groupers, the graveyard and the package, his dad finding the treasure, to the salvage yard. 

"god, I've been gone for a day and a half and all this shit has happened?" aurelia couldn't believe it.

"hey get used to it, pogue life is scarier." john b said. 

"but way more fun," aurelia added. 

"cheers to that." 

kiara stood up from her seat, grabbing john b with her grooving to the music. and before we knew we were all dancing to the music, throwing food around. it was a perfect night. aurelia realised how much she preferred hanging out with them than being around the kooks. aurelia felt like she belonged. 

belonged with the pogues.