eight

☆:+*.+☆彡 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

aurelia walked through the big gates that led to the cameron estate

aurelia walked through the big gates that led to the cameron estate. she had to do it. she had to talk to rafe about their situation. she didn't know how she felt about the boy, whether she still was in love with him or not. the trust between the two was diminishing, slowly but surely. but aurelia was scared, despite their differences rafe cameron was still her first love and well first loves are intense. 

"anyone here?" aurelia called out, adjusting her headband on her head. 

"aurelia?"  ward cameron poked his head from around the corner, his stress lines more prominent than ever. 

"oh hi ward, i wasn't expecting you to be here." 

"in my house?" 

"i didn't mean that, i-" 

ward chuckled, "don't worry i was just pulling your leg." 

aurelia mustered up a fake laugh, an awkward silence following. 

"rafe should be back soon, i think he was out with his friends. you know doing- boy things."

yeah, probably drugs or some shit. 

"um, aurelia can i ask you a question? about some certain people." 

aurelia nodded her head, unaware of who he was talking about. 

"well, you're familiar with the pogues right?" 

aurelia laughed, only if he knew. 

"i just fired one of them, john b his name was. i trust you and your judgement so is john b really, reliable?" 

aurelia did not know where he was coming from with this and why he was asking this. but john b would never do anything to be deemed unreliable, at least she didn't think so. nevertheless, aurelia was not going to turn her back on john b. 

"john b is one of the most responsible people i know, he's very mature and i can't imagine him being anything other than reliable."

ward simply just nodded, obviously having a debate with himself in his brain and simply walked away. she gave him a weird look but continued to make her way to the kitchen. the cameron's had an amazing house. it reminded her a lot of her own house with high ceilings, great lighting and amazing views. except aurelia's house didn't have as much as a homey feeling that the cameron's house had. aurelia's house always felt a bit empty, it didn't feel like a family lived there. it was hardly used, her parents always working and aurelia didn't like the feeling of the cold, empty house. aurelia always wished she had siblings, a sister a brother anything or anyone. being at the house was lonely. no wonder she always spent her time out of the house. 

"aurelia?" 

aurelia turned around to the sound of the voice. 

"rafe." 

she stood up as he walked towards her, he looked like what he did daily. gelled back hair, polo shirt and a shocked expression on his face. 

"wh-what are you doing here?" 

"i'm actually here to talk to you." rafe visibly gulped before sitting down across from her. 

"well have you, you know thought about what i said?" 

rafe sighed, "i know, i just haven't really had time to think about it." 

"time to think about it? we've been discussing this for ages, surely it's not that hard to just stop doing drugs?" 

"aurelia it's more complex than that. i have people to owe, money to give. i'm in a whole lot of shit that- that you just wouldn't understand." rafe started to ramble, stuttering a lot. 

"then help me understand! rafe i don't think i can be in this relationship anymore if you can't talk to me, i have to know that you trust me and i can trust you. i just don't know if i can be with you any longer." 

"lia-" 

"no rafe. just stop. i'm sick of arguing with you. i'm sick of us not talking. i'm sick of you keeping things from me and not taking responsibility for anything. i worry for you so much to the point where i'm sick of it. i'm sick of you. i'm sick of us." 

aurelia looked into rafe's eyes with desperation. she didn't want to leave him but she couldn't handle this anymore. she couldn't handle him anymore. he looked at aurelia in shock, he honestly didn't think she would have the guts to break up with him. he knew how much she relied on him and how much she loved him. 

"you can't be serious." 

"oh trust me, i'm dead serious." her tone went dark, sinister. 

rafe suddenly remembered something, 

"are you sure you're breaking up with me over this? or is it a certain pogue that's getting in the way?" 

aurelia was surprised, how does he know about jj? 

"don't think i haven't found out about your little adventures with the pogues in the cut, what are you even doing on the cut? huh? people talk aurelia, they talk. and right now they're talking about you've been getting pretty close to another boy. is it true?" 

aurelia shook her head, 

"rafe, do not bring jj into this." 

he laughed in disbelief, 

"so it's true? you've been running around with little maybank huh, you know his dad's a druggie as well?" 

"i don't care! there's nothing between us anyway, i have zero feelings for jj and i cannot believe you would think otherwise. could you please not derail this conversation with idiotic accusations." 

rafe scoffed before standing up and walking towards her, "look think this through, sleep on it maybe you'll change your mind in the morning. i don't want to give up on us." 

aurelia's eyes prickled with tears, she was so sure that she was going to break up with him today but seeing him reminded her how much she did miss him. aurelia grabbed him by the collar, pulling him into a kiss, to which rafe gladly reciprocated. 

"let's go to my bedroom."