seventeen

☆:+*.+☆彡゚ 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

aurelia laid in her bed by herself, it was the next day and she spent the night at the hospital next to john b's bed

aurelia laid in her bed by herself, it was the next day and she spent the night at the hospital next to john b's bed. the pogues and sarah refused to leave his side no matter how many times the nurses tried to push them out, they were adamant that they were going to stay. but once john b woke up from his slumber he convinced all of them to go home and rest. and that was all aurelia needed before heading home and blacking out.

her parents were home when she came, ready to give her a big lecture on what she had done at midsummers and how they had embarrassed them but when they saw her tear-stained face and tired look they refrained from their lectures and saved it for another day.

aurelia rolled around on her bed, not having realised how much she missed the comfort of a good bed, not to be mean but the couch in the chateau is not her ideal place of sleeping. her eyes closed once again, the sun shining into her room as it rose.

but a knock tapped on her window, aurelia turned her head to see a sleep-deprived jj outside her window. aurelia's room was on the second floor so he must've climbed up the tree to get up. that explained the rustles and grunts she was hearing earlier.

aurelia lazily stood up, too sleepy to even question jj's presence. she unlocked the latches and pulled her window up,

jj stood there in his regular atire but held a tired look on his face. his eyes were prominent with under eye circles, it was obvious he had tried to fall asleep before but failed to do so. he opened his mouth to speak but aurelia beat him to it.

"no talking just sleeping," she said before throwing herself onto her bed.

jj stayed outside her window, "i didn't mean to interrupt, i just couldn't-"

"go lock the door, take a shower, i have some of your shirts in my closet and sleep with me. period," she mumbled, her face in her pillow. jj didn't want to be at his dad's right now and the chateau wasn't the most comforting place so he only really had one option. aurelia. he honestly wasn't sure if her parents would be happy with a pogue in their house but he only wanted her at that moment. with everything going on with john b, one of the only good things in his life was her.

"um well, okay then." he didn't try to question her and just did what he was asked. he opened up her closet to indeed find a pile of his missing t-shirts in a pile with its own cubby hole. he chuckled at the thought of aurelia in one of his shirts and grabbed one. she had a little section in her closet of just his shirts? he felt special. but when the hell did she get them? he headed into her connected bathroom to see it all neat and tidy. it was a plain white theme with small plants decorating the walls, it was very clean and smelt amazing. he was about to have the best shower of her life.

he finished his shower, feeling the cleanest he has felt in a long time and he smiled at the choice of music. it was quiet jazz that had a slight christmas vibe despite it being july, but it was cozy. aurelia was long gone, fast asleep in her white sheets. jj slowly crept in her bed trying not to wake her up but he failed, her eyes opening.

"sorry, i tried not to wake you, i can sleep on the floor if you want-"

"no. you're sleeping here."

he was taken back at her sternness but nevertheless slid in next to her. she immediately went into his arms, coddling her face in his neck. jj was stiff but eventually relaxed. this feeling was new, he had never really cuddled with someone before. it was new but he liked it.

he really liked it.

"stop smiling and go to sleep," aurelia mumbled.

jj obliged and went to sleep but his smile never left his face.

short fluff for yall, changing it up