eleven

☆:+*.+☆彡゚  𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

she just broke up with rafe

she just broke up with rafe. she just broke up with rafe. the more she thought about it the more she couldn't believe it. she was free. she was one step closer to distancing herself from her kook identity. aurelia knew that her money privilege would never go away, but her reputation and how she was seen could. 

aurelia was spread across her couch, thoughts clouding her brain. was she upset or happy? the answer was both. her mascara was smudged all over her face from tears but a smile covered her face. she had just lost her first love but she felt free. how was she supposed to feel? her mood swings were interrupted by a knock on the front door. aurelia groaned as she walked over to the door, she wasn't expecting anyone. 

"jj?" she said, wiping off her mascara stains. 

"yeah, just dropping off some groceries," he said holding up the bags. 

"well come in," she motioned him to come in, still wiping the mascara off her face. 

"you good? looking a bit rough there," jj noticed as he followed aurelia through to the kitchen. he placed the bags down on the marble bench. aurelia took out a bag of sour patch kids from the bag and opened it, snacking on it. 

"well, i have some news that will probably interest you." aurelia mumbled, mouth full of sour patch kids. 

"bad news i presume by the state of your.." he motioned around the eye area. 

aurelia gave him a sarcastic smile, 

"actually i wanted to inform you that i just broke up with my now ex-boyfriend," she said happily. 

jj's head snapped up, pushing himself off of the counter. 

"rafe?" 

"no shoupe, yes rafe you idiot." she rolled her eyes. 

"what- when- how- why?" jj struggled to find the correct words but he got there eventually. 

"i don't even know, we were just on the golf course and arguing and i snapped. i just- i just snapped and broke up with him." 

she took a deep breath, 

"but i don't know if i'm happy about it or more so upset," 

jj saw the hurt in her eyes. the pain and sadness and he felt a sting to his heart. she really did care for him, no matter how bad he was to her she loved him. does she still love him now? that was unsure of. i mean if her love for him was strong she would've stayed with him. jj shook his thoughts away, 

"well damn, congratulations! finally away from that shitface." 

aurelia smiled, "thanks jj," 

the two started unpacking the groceries in silence, putting the right things in the correct places. after all the items were put away jj turned to aurelia but she was way closer than expected, her eyes met his. jj's eyes were neutral, no sad emotions shown nor happy ones. his eyes told her that he was at peace. their breathing started to get heavy, the distance between them getting smaller and smaller as jj moved closer. dangerously close. aurelia's breath hitched, her eyes darting towards his lips. after a while the two jumped back from each other, both realising what just happened.