four

☆:+*.+☆彡 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

aurelia's head shot up at the voice that was most definitely not rafe's, only to be greeted by a certain blonde pogue

aurelia's head shot up at the voice that was most definitely not rafe's, only to be greeted by a certain blonde pogue. jj maybank stood there with his hair messed up and shirt a bit ruffled up. god, why did he have to look so good when i was not in a good mood.

"what do you want maybank, we're closed." she sighed standing up from the wooden seat and continued to wipe down the tables.

"well i just wanted a quick drink but i guess it wasn't a smart idea to come over because well.."

aurelia's cheeks tinted a red, the thought of anyone listening into an argument between her and rafe embarrassed her on a different level. jj turned to leave before aurelia called out to him hesitantly.

"wait pogue- fuck, come here."

"you alright there clark?" he was a bit taken aback by the harsh tone of her voice, not to mention her referring to him as 'pogue'.

"how much of that did you hear?"

"oh-, well um," jj stuttered unsure of what to say, he shoved his hands in his pocket and nervously scratched his head.

"just tell me."

"pretty much all of it,"

aurelia sighed, "jesus,"

"look i won't tell anyone, it's not any of my business anyway."

"damn right it's none of your business if i find out you told anyone. you. are. dead. you hear me?" aurelia's stern tone changed the entire atmosphere from awkward to very very tense.

"yes ma'am."

aurelia felt the guilt overtake her body. she didn't mean to be so threatening towards jj. she was just frustrated with rafe and jj was the closest thing she could reach and twist its throat. they stood in awkward silence, the only sound that was audible was the crashing sound of the waves.

"look jj- maybank i mean, would you like a drink?" she sighed, all aurelia wanted to do was pack up and go home as quickly as she could so she could fall into her favourite type of escape, sleep. however, the guilt still was seeping throughout her and she felt as if she wanted to make it up to him.

but before jj could respond aurelia had a better idea.

"how the hell did i end up smoking blunts & drinking beer with a pogue at 11 pm?" aurelia said.

"hey you offered," jj chuckled before exhaling a huge cloud of smoke.

silence filled the air once again, the two have never really hung out by themselves. there was really no reason for the two to hang out nor have they really had the chance to. but yet here they were, single candle lit and the countless stars in the sky enlightening the shack. it gave the place a warm feeling, a comforting feeling. her second glass of alcohol was making her brain a little foggy, words spilling out of her mouth.

"where'd you get the gun?" aurelia asked, her head rested on the wall behind her.

jj chuckled for a moment, "i can't really tell you that. you know, top secret." he brought his index finger to his lips, in a shushing action.

"fine leave me out on the action, i'll just be allll by myself left in the dark like alwaysss." her words slurring as she spoke. this alcohol was very much hitting the right spot.

jj looked at aurelia with interest, never would he have thought aurelia clark, the perfect princess kook would be so drunk & vulnerable right in front of him. he didn't even remember how they got here. jj had unfortunately walked into rafe and aurelia, the dream couple having a hefty fight in the middle of the smoothie shack. and jj seemed to be frozen in his spot, not wanting to move and his ears started to listen intently to their argument despite his brain telling him not to. he had found out that rafe cameron has been doing hard drugs (which jj already knew) but without telling aurelia he was doing it again.

jj understood where aurelia was coming from, he didn't have to imagine how frustrating it was to find out a close person in their lives were damaging their health and life, because well he experienced it since he was a child. he knew that pain better than anyone.