One

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

noun
       LAW
An anonymous female party, typically the plaintiff, in a legal action.

A woman whose true name is unknown or withheld. It allows her to be concealed, unknown, and protected.

•••

It also saves her from judgement, embarrassment, and shame from her peers.

Jane Doe, a name that allows Magenta Thomas to be so small next to his rising star power. Next to his name she becomes obsolete on headlines and blog posts. The woman. The girl. The alleged victim. That's how she's addressed.

His name is attached to a crime. Guilty or not guilty he has a label. The alleged perpetrator, offender, criminal, culprit.

Despite Magenta being an unknown victim to the world she also has a label without even being named. To social media she's a liar, a slut, an opportunist, money hungry, and a clout chaser. All of that even though she hasn't made herself known, tried to expose him, or brought a civil case against him.

All she wants is justice. She grew up being told not to play 'police games', but she can't let him get away with this. She did the proper thing. She filed a criminal case, gathered her evidence, and is now on the road to healing. Simple, right?

Magenta has truthfully been avoiding coming back to Los Angeles for several reasons. This was one of them, but if she expects anything to be done she has to be dedicated to the legal process and help with whatever they need.