Thirty-Nine

This week and last week is one of the busiest for Gee's artists in February

This week and last week is one of the busiest for Gee's artists in February. Between Super Bowl weekend, New York Fashion Week, and then the NBA All-Star's next weekend it's a lot of traveling for him. Despite being busy he still wants to celebrate Valentine's day with Magenta, so she came to New York with him.

Once she told him that she never really celebrated the holiday, he decided he'd try and make it special. Magenta's excited now and saw this as her chance to do the most as well. It was never a big deal to either. Regardless, they do nice things for one another on the daily. It's an excuse to go all out even bigger.

He went all out for his ex, Kelsey, last year. He knew she was the type who expected lavish gifts, so she can post it online to impress her followers. She didn't even care that Gee only had it sent to her, but he wasn't physically there. Back then he was the type who put work before everything, whereas lately he's willing to put it to the side. He's trying to balance work and his personal life now.

As they ride to the hotel from the airport Gee listens to his artist whine about performing on Valentine's day when she'd rather spend the day with her man. "Why can't I just back out of it?" she asks as he wears a straight face looking out of the window.

"You knew for 2 months you had this performance. That's unprofessional to cancel the day of."

"I've been in New York all weekend and I'm booked until next weekend. I just want one night to myself."

Gee rubs his face in annoyance. She dates another rapper in the industry and their relationship screams toxicity. He feels like a referee since managers handle everything from money, contracts, and conflicts. "You should've thought of that and celebrated early or next weekend."

"I rather be with my nigga than front row at a bougie fashion show," she groans. "What the hell are you doing tonight?" she smacks her lips.

"Celebrating vday. You better be at that show. I'll see tomorrow. Don't call me later crying because y'all got into a fight and you want me to book you a flight," he laughs while hanging up before she can argue. With a huff he locks his phone looking over at Gen.