Sixty-Nine

Gee and Magenta had the closing day on their new house in January

Gee and Magenta had the closing day on their new house in January. That was two months ago the two-story house on multiple acres was finished. Despite that, they're just now moving in. The home is finally furnished, so they can get out of his mother's hair.

Pulling up to the custom modern farmhouse, he climbs down from his truck. He helps Gen out from the passenger seat, and they go up to the front door with excitement. There's a delivery truck on the way to bring their washer and dryer; the last major thing they need.

Turning the knob and opening the door, they walk inside. Before the age of 30 they signed for their forever home and they started a family. The homebuying and building process was a crazy experience, but it was worth it. The stress, anxiety, and uncertainty paid off.

He walks around the house with his held high in accomplishment. Five bedrooms, four bathrooms, a home theatre, pool, his porch, all the bells and whistles. Their dream home living amongst other millionaires who side eye them moving in. The ones who ask, Well, what do you do?

Gee walks around downstairs, while Gen is on the second floor. He assumes she's screaming excitedly about the walk-in closet being done. From the top of the stairs he can hear her yell, "The nursery is done!"

He laughs to himself nodding. "I hope it's what you wanted. I had to do some things myself with all the shit getting delayed."

"Of course it's what I wanted. I love you!" She shouts before running off to continue looking around.