Twenty-Eight

Looking around the venue, Magenta wears a satisfied smile that everything came together

Looking around the venue, Magenta wears a satisfied smile that everything came together. The decorations perfectly embody the best elements of Winter made to enthrall guests with enchanting and whimsical portrayals of a snowcapped, icicle dreamland. There's glistening white and blue hues, crystals, and fairy-like lighting. It also has all the classic features of a high school formal with a splash of adulthood by way of an open bar flowing with alcohol. It personifies 'Twinkle's Winter Wonderland Formal' perfectly.

All day a team of people had been helping her setup to prepare for doors opening at 7p.m. She also had people like Pandora, Genesis, and Colby nice enough to lend a helping hand. They only left to go get ready for attending the party later. It's getting down to the wire and everything seems to be running smoothly. The DJ Gee helped her find is setup and ready to go. But as the host, Magenta wasn't even dressed herself.

Going to the back room where she put her things, Gen looks at her bag that's supposed to have everything she needs. She pulls out everything to do her hair and makeup before looking around. She's expecting to see her dress hanging up until it dawns on her she didn't bring it. She can picture it laying right on her bed where she left it after deciding she didn't want to wear what she had initially planned.

Gen calls Pandora asking her to pick it up for her on her way back. Right as she hangs up there's a knock at the door making Gen pauses from beginning her makeup. "Who is it?" she calls out. In response one of the people working tonight's event responds, so Gen tells her to enter.

The door opens and a girl standing at only 5'1" comes in with her top half being blocked by a huge bouquet of sunflowers. A smile so big spreads on Gen's face as she helps her put them on the vanity. "Who are they from?" Gen asks with an excited bounce even though she already knows.

Looking at the card it's simply signed with 'Gee' and a heart knowing that's all that needed to be said. All week Gee had been helping her finish the last touches on this event. Even if that meant coming over after his long days with his artists. He'd come to her house and that usually led to him spending the night on her daybed. She really appreciated it, especially after getting out of a relationship where the person didn't support her career and endeavors.