Twenty-Three

Magenta's so glad to have a day off

Magenta's so glad to have a day off. But a lot of times even if it's her day off she spends that time doing stuff related to her clients, running errands, or handling business for her YouTube channel. Today's no different. After spending all morning running around town Gen pulls into her garage parking her car.

Instead of going right up the stairs into the house, she walks down her driveway checking her mail. While walking back up she files through the envelopes that consist of junk mail and bills that seem to always be attacking her. That's probably #1 on worst things about being an adult. Looking up she notices packages on her doorstep.

She smiles when she sees one of them is something she's been waiting on. As much as she wants to keep Genesis at arms length, it's for him. It's been a week since they finally got to talk things out and she actually feels good about it. As much as she hates to admit it, she feels a sense of relief.

Clearing the air did something for her. It's better than trying to avoid someone who works in the same realm as you. Magenta's therapist suggested she talk to Gee in the last session when he was brought up. She insisted it wasn't necessary, but of course the professional was right. Gen's still prepared to go into this cautious for the sake of not getting hurt again.

Magenta does her best to carry everything inside in one trip dropping it in her kitchen. She gets scissors to open the large box that holds her custom made order ensuring it's exactly how it's supposed to be.

Her mind tells her to grab her phone to call Gee, but while looking for her phone on the counter she notices a package that says it's from Noah. Gen does an aggravated sigh wondering what it is. She rips it open then takes out the small box. She rolls her eyes seeing her anniversary ring that she left when she moved out.

There's a note attached that reads: I said you could keep it. The end of us doesn't have to be so cold. If you ever need me, you can always reach out. I'll always be there for you :)

She scoffs with an unbelievable laugh because he wasn't there for her during the relationship, so why would she depend on him now? "Niggas," she mumbles to herself.