Forty-Eight

August 12th, 2022

August 12th, 2022

Today marks the one year anniversary, or what her therapist calls a Trauma-versary, to Magenta's assault. She could say today her life changed forever, but she also doesn't want to sit in that feeling. A year later she can finally see herself not as a victim, but a survivor. Even if she still doesn't know completely what transpired that night and what happened to her...

The past three months she's been living her life and focusing on work. That included her taking that A&R position. At first she was unsure about working for a record label. It was one thing to work as a creative director, but she was freelancing. Now she works for a company.

So far it hasn't been bad. She wasn't going to pass up on this because it could catapult her into doing more major things. She also knows she won't be doing it for long. She looks at it as a stepping stone.

They assigned her a few artists that she helps develop their brand. It pays the bills and keeps her busy. Nonetheless, Magenta's been happy.

Her therapist warned her of possibly experiencing the 'anniversary effect.' She said not to be surprised if she has flashbacks, anger, sadness, anxiety, shame, or guilt. Gladly, today got off on a good start.

That's partly because she's accomplishing a goal today. In an office with a real estate agent, Gen sits at a table with papers and a pen in front of her. She's signing the warranty deed on her first investment property. It's a proud moment.