Sixty-Two

It's been three months making Magenta well into her 2nd trimester

It's been three months making Magenta well into her 2nd trimester. And over those months, things have been going way smoother than she anticipated. It's been quiet, which usually means a storm is coming. Until it hits, Gen's going to enjoy the sunshine for all it has to offer.

If you would've asked her last year does she see herself pregnant and engaged in the new year, she would've said no. A lot of days she didn't even want to live. Everything she wanted is falling into place. Not on her timing, but she tries to be optimistic and say it's right on time.

That sounds crazy to say considering she was diagnosed with prenatal depression. She thought she was just being moody and hormonal, but it was deeper than that. A lot of days Gen felt like she hit a wall and crashed.

She wanted to cry all the time. She felt sad, worried, and anxious about everything. She couldn't produce and be as hands on with work as she usually was. Between feeling sick or tired, it's been hard especially when she's the owner. Most days she'd come home from work and go straight to sleep. That creates those thoughts of worthlessness and uselessness she had after the assault.

She's happy about the baby, but she didn't envision her first pregnancy this way. Living apart from Gee hasn't been easy. Gee still manages to wait on her hand and foot from afar, but she can't believe it's happening this way.